Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
vs. the S54 m coupe, the M will outperform it (although I think the Z is a much prettier car). The Z is, however, cheaper, and would probably be a better performer than an older M coupe.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
RSKeisuke said:
vs. the S54 m coupe, the M will outperform it (although I think the Z is a much prettier car). The Z is, however, cheaper, and would probably be a better performer than an older M coupe.
Well, I happen to like the M Coupe a lot. I agree with you though. The S52 engine'd is most probably outperformed by the new Z, which is also (at least on paper) a great value...

I'd still buy an used M Coupe though. It'll be a classic in a few years ;)

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
what's the spec on 350Z?

What's the 0-60 spec on the new 350Z?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: what's the spec on 350Z?

scottn2retro said:
What's the 0-60 spec on the new 350Z?
\

Not been released yet. Even the final HP figure isn't out even though they're starting deliveries in I believe August-September.

0-60 is definitely under 6 secs, rumors floating around that the figure is going to be sub 5s.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I hate to break it to everyone but

every few months we have a new car coming out that will kill our bmw 3-series.

first.
tl-s
is300
g35
etc. the list goes on.

However, as promising the new z350 looks, i am sure the nissan dealer is gonna find a way to screw it up with the f**ed up service they have. that was one of the main problem for decline in Nissan sales in the early 90s. Not that our BMW service is all that great either. On surface, it's not bad looking car. We would have to test the water in once the car comes out.

LIL Raja

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Re: what's the spec on 350Z?

Teej said:
\
0-60 is definitely under 6 secs, rumors floating around that the figure is going to be sub 5s.
uh... I doubt that. They're shooting for 280 hp, and they are probably not going to hit that a la Sentra SE-R. I would say 6 flat or a little under might be reasonable, but sub-5? c'mon...

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Clyde said:
What is the thinking out there about the 350Z vs Mcoupe?
The 350Z is going to be a giant killer, if the G35 is any indication. Cut several hundred pounds and a few inches off the G35, add some horsepower, and you've got a real rocketship.

Personally, 2 seaters have never really done anything for me. I'd much rather be able to take a couple of extra people in a pinch. The G35 coupe, though, is right up my alley, and the bonus is that it looks better than the 350Z and shouldn't cost much more.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: Re: ur thoughts on the 350Z

JST said:

The 350Z is going to be a giant killer, if the G35 is any indication. Cut several hundred pounds and a few inches off the G35, add some horsepower, and you've got a real rocketship.

Personally, 2 seaters have never really done anything for me. I'd much rather be able to take a couple of extra people in a pinch. The G35 coupe, though, is right up my alley, and the bonus is that it looks better than the 350Z and shouldn't cost much more.
I agree. I just hope there isn't much difference in power between the G35 coupe and the 350Z.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: Re: Re: what's the spec on 350Z?

RSKeisuke said:

uh... I doubt that. They're shooting for 280 hp, and they are probably not going to hit that a la Sentra SE-R. I would say 6 flat or a little under might be reasonable, but sub-5? c'mon...
Well even on the Nissan website they quote 280+ horses, and 0-60 under 6 secs. But ya, its more likely then that the HP figure will be like 285 or so and maybe like a 5.8 0-60, and not 300 HP and 5.2 sec 0-60. Although some Nissan insiders have been hinting otherwise at the 350Z forums (www.zcar.com, www.my350z.com).

I think I read somewhere that the July issue of all the major auto magazines (at least Road and Track I believe) will have the final figures.

Edit: BTW, think it looks pretty good in red!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

RSKeisuke said:

Pretty insignificant reference. The SE-R Spec-V was supposed to be 180hp but was changed to 175 at the last second...let me know when you can feel 5hp in everyday driving. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I considered the 350Z back in November but after test driving an '02 M Coupe there was no going back. The 350Z will most likely be a good performer for the buck but a year from now when there are 100,000 of em on the road the M Coupe will look that much more unique.

·
Registered
679 Posts
couper said:
I considered the 350Z back in November but after test driving an '02 M Coupe there was no going back. The 350Z will most likely be a good performer for the buck but a year from now when there are 100,000 of em on the road the M Coupe will look that much more unique.
I've been meaning to take out an M Coupe does it really feel more powerful then a M3 in the cockpit??
I bet it does maybe one day this week I'll try it out. ;)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't fit comfortably in an M coupe. Those pics of the guy sitting in the 350Z looks like I will have NO CHANCE of fitting in a 350Z. Guess I will wait for the Z5.

·
Exit Flagger
287 Posts
I agree with Couper about the 350Z being massed produced. It'll be cheap, fast and available. I'd take a low mileage M Coupe over it as long as I had a daily driver. If you need a everyday car the Z would be accomodating with its optional packages.

I'm still not sold on the 350Z's looks.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,290 Posts
RE:

I cut my teeth in the car business selling Datsuns/Nissans...

I ought not share my opinion here...

The Nissan defenders will come after me.

:yikes:

·
Exit Flagger
287 Posts
Don't get me wrong Jon, I think the original z cars were amazing and changed the way america viewed what a sports car was. And the last generation of the Z was always in my top ten. Yet, this new car just looks big. Never know though, have to wait to drive one.

·
Hydrocarbon Man
3,126 Posts

RSKeisuke said:

287hp 275lb/ft

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: ur thoughts on the 350Z

JST said:

My issue with the 350Z is the WEIGHT. It's coming in at 3300 lbs. That's certainly not "tossable". It makes it a GT not a sports car. And that's unfortunate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts