BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Urgent help needed on N54 engine

654 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Steven5316
Hello, I would like to know the opinion of the experts. Please,

I recently changed the gearbox for a 2011 740li, and after that. a sound appeared in the engine. It started to gradually get louder. It's N54 aluminum engine, after disassembling it, turned out to be very dirty from inside and there is no oil in it. Note that the engine was working fine and did not even get overheating before disassembling it, and I expect the crackling sound was caused by running out of oil. Do you recommend replacing the engine or cleaning it well and then use ut?
Your quick replies are appreciated
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Well if the engine is still in the car.. wouldnt you at least try use it (with Oil..) and see what happens? Also the question is really.. where did the oil go!?
Unfortunately, I knew it was empty of oil after removing the engine. I asked to reinstall it and wash it from the inside with the special chemicals..., and today we will see the result. Regarding where the oil disappeared, this is a valid question, but I do not really know exactly, but there was a leak in the car. It may have led to.
Well if the engine is still in the car.. wouldnt you at least try use it (with Oil..) and see what happens? Also the question is really.. where did the oil go!?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.