BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

US servicemen in UK driving Bimmers?

2042 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Desertnate
A friend of mine is stanioned another three years in the UK and is interested in buying a 325i/330i to drive over there and eventually bring the car to the States. Anybody out there with similar circumstances who could offer some advice how to go about this?
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
robg said:
But- there is a special military sales program that deals w/ this exact situation. You actually get an even better price than doing european dleivery and you can keep the car in europe for as long as you need to. They're US spec cars.
The biggest problems still remains that UK cars are right hand drive while U.S. spec cars are left hand drive. If you buy a car that's right hand drive just for the 3 years of driving in U.K., it still makes it hard to convert it here in the states. I've seen cars that are right hand drives here though, so I doubt it'll be a big problem but it's worth looking into.
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.