BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2005 645ci on both swapalease.com and leasetrader.com for almost three months now and it is still available. Granted two individuals did not qualify but I would expect people to line up with a payment of $834/mo even with 41 months left. Am I wrong here?

http://www.swapalease.com/VehicleSearch/VehicleDtlL.asp?year1=&year2=&make=BMW&model=6+Series&category=&state=&zipcode=&begPayment=&endPayment=&begPrice=&endPrice=&BegMonthsRemaining=&EndMonthsRemaining=&BegMilesPerMo=&EndMilesPerMo=&recent_list=&forSale=&Country=&ListingType=&ExtColor=&IntColor=&Engine=&Transmission=&DUID=&sort=3&page=1&ResultsPerPage=10&vehicleID=318062

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I would rather pay $1000 via ED and get a new one on a 2-3 year lease.

Not sure why you would lease for 4 years.:dunno:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm positive you couldn't get that payment unless you put a lot down.

Leasing for 4 years seems dumb now that I'm getting rid of it but putting money down on a leased car is about as dumb.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Because this payment allows someone who possibly cannot afford a 6-series a chance to have one.
Are you kidding? you think somebody who can afford 835 dollars a month on a car lease payment cannot afford a new one with a downpayment of 5k and monthly payment of 1097? :hi:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you kidding? you think somebody who can afford 835 dollars a month on a car lease payment cannot afford a new one with a downpayment of 5k and monthly payment of 1097? :hi:
Yes, sir. Don't confuse the comparison with that large down payment. What i see is a payment of $1252/mo.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I've had my 2005 645ci on both swapalease.com and leasetrader.com for almost three months now and it is still available. Granted two individuals did not qualify but I would expect people to line up with a payment of $834/mo even with 41 months left. Am I wrong here?
Well.... here is what's happening..
Unfortunately, the demand for the 2 drs Sports Coupe market is somewhat limited. Yes!!BMW didn't flood the dealers w/ lot full of the high-end 6er coupe either but you also have to understand the demographics of the 6er Buyer/Leaser.

It is NOT surprising to me that the individuals who contacted you have less than desireable credit. (afterall, that is why they were looking to take over a 2 yrs old car w/ 3 1/2 yrs to go.) Let's face it.. most NEW lease go for 2~4 yrs

My suggestion, kick-in some $$ into it to entice a qualified person to take over the lease you are trying to get out of.

my 2 censt worth,

beewang:)

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts

Less monthly payments.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Out of curiosity, what's your buyout cost for the lease right now? Could be a better plan is to buy out the lease, then resell the car. As you're finding out, the market for a used car lease with very long term is limited at best.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't get the whole lease deal. I've never leased a car. Unless you can write off the car as a business lease it's a waste of money. I see this happen all the time to people who can't really afford the car in the 1st place and they end up getting stuck with a bad deal on a long lease plan. I don't know what you owe but your best option would be to refinance the lease and try to sell the car outright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, my first post!

Anyways, I would be interested in taking over you lease at $834/month but 41 months is too long. I've been running numbers and I could purchase a pre-owned 645 and finance for 60 months for about the same monthly payment after I trade my Yukon. The advantage is that I could sell the 645 anytime I wanted to. I couldn't do that if I'm locked in the lease.

I understand what you are doing though. Personally, I can't afford a new 6 series. I make $67K per year. From my perspective, there is a difference between $834 and $1200 (for a 36 mo. lease on a new 650) when you also factor in taxes and insurance. That's why I'm looking into pre-owned BMW's.

I've looked at swap lease and lease trade and I have great credit, but I'm a little skeptical about taking over someone elses lease.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, my first post!

Anyways, I would be interested in taking over you lease at $834/month but 41 months is too long. I've been running numbers and I could purchase a pre-owned 645 and finance for 60 months for about the same monthly payment after I trade my Yukon. The advantage is that I could sell the 645 anytime I wanted to. I couldn't do that if I'm locked in the lease.

I understand what you are doing though. Personally, I can't afford a new 6 series. I make $67K per year. From my perspective, there is a difference between $834 and $1200 (for a 36 mo. lease on a new 650) when you also factor in taxes and insurance. That's why I'm looking into pre-owned BMW's.

I've looked at swap lease and lease trade and I have great credit, but I'm a little skeptical about taking over someone elses lease.
41 months is too long but you are looking to finance for 60 months? That doesn't make much sense. Financing only makes sense if you are going to keep the car longer than your finance period. Why would you be skeptical of taking over someone elses lease? The leasing company issues a new lease contract. It's no sweat.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
41 months is too long but you are looking to finance for 60 months? That doesn't make much sense. Financing only makes sense if you are going to keep the car longer than your finance period. Why would you be skeptical of taking over someone elses lease? The leasing company issues a new lease contract. It's no sweat.
or if you are going to customize and enjoy the car.

No sense putting wheels, tires, tint, iPOD, etc. in a rental that you can barely drive witohut worrying about excessive mileage.

I buy bimmers to drive. leases are rarely ever broken in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
or if you are going to customize and enjoy the car.

No sense putting wheels, tires, tint, iPOD, etc. in a rental that you can barely drive witohut worrying about excessive mileage.

I buy bimmers to drive. leases are rarely ever broken in.
I'll have to disagree with you there. I lease so I can drive it hard and I won't have to worry about door dings or curb rash from the valet. I'm turning it in. I think people are more inclined to take care of a car if they bought it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm going to circle back to the title of this thread. Yours may be a financially attractive offer, but IMO this is simply not a desireable used vehicle and will be tough to dispose of under any circumstances. Suck it up and drive it like your trying to kill it until your lease is over.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts