BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked it and turns out my '99 e46 323i is worth 6100-7300.:tsk:

Can I go with it or even less? Given that the tranny needs rebuilt...

Thanks!!!
 

·
ZHPper
Joined
·
2,128 Posts
silverbimmer3 said:
Checked it and turns out my '99 e46 323i is worth 6100-7300.:tsk:

Can I go with it or even less? Given that the tranny needs rebuilt...

Thanks!!!
Yeah and my 89 rusted out/nothing works Jimmy is worth $4000...I think KBB is worthless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
silverbimmer3 said:
Checked it and turns out my '99 e46 323i is worth 6100-7300.:tsk:

Can I go with it or even less? Given that the tranny needs rebuilt...

Thanks!!!
KBB seem more to bases valiue on current deman than actual driving value od cars. my323i is valued at $10,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much would you expect?

Thanks in advance for any idea on how much I would get from my old 323i:

1999 e46 323i 4dr 117,000 Miles, tranny fault code p0735, air conditioner compressor needs replacement........oh man...... will anybody buy such a thing?

i was thinking to put 10k in it to thoroughly renovate it, if nobody wants it....:rolleyes:
 

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
Joined
·
4,571 Posts
Kbb i can piss on. to hell with them i say
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I'd give you $6100 in a heart beat if it's a manual! :DI dunno how much it would cost to rebuild the tranny... but that'll definately lower its value.

Was the KBB value taking into account that the tranny needs a rebuild? If not... I'd imagine you could get more like $8,000 - $10,000 easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tranny now has some problem with 5th gear. I haven't touched it yet. If it is worth 8-10k with a messy tranny, i'd be feeling better...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
ATLBMW said:
KBB seem more to bases valiue on current deman than actual driving value od cars. my323i is valued at $10,000
Of course it does. The market value of anything is based on what someone will pay. The more people that want a particular car, the more it is worth. What you call "actual driving value" is really only your opinion of what your car is worth and is irrelevant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
silverbimmer3 said:
The tranny now has some problem with 5th gear. I haven't touched it yet. If it is worth 8-10k with a messy tranny, i'd be feeling better...
It probably isn't. The cost of major repairs have to be deducted from the book value of the car. 6100-7300 sounds about right for you car minus at least the transmission repair and probably the A/C repair.

A private buyer would be nuts to buy you car since it is not in good working condition but you might be able to sell it to a used car lot. Have you priced out the repairs BTW?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the price is based on 'fair' condition.

KBB has 4 catagories for conditions: excellent, good, fair, poor.

I guess mine should be somewhere between good and fair.

This car has Auto tranny, it runs great in city; however, on the high way the 5th gear is hard to engage, and will bring up the (!) tranny warning light sometime.

I use gear S4 to help engage 5th gear, like driving a manual one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
silverbimmer3 said:
the price is based on 'fair' condition.

KBB has 4 catagories for conditions: excellent, good, fair, poor.

I guess mine should be somewhere between good and fair.

This car has Auto tranny, it runs great in city; however, on the high way the 5th gear is hard to engage, and will bring up the (!) tranny warning light sometime.

I use gear S4 to help engage 5th gear, like driving a manual one.
What options do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
silverbimmer3 said:
Thanks in advance for any idea on how much I would get from my old 323i:

1999 e46 323i 4dr 117,000 Miles, tranny fault code p0735, air conditioner compressor needs replacement........oh man...... will anybody buy such a thing?

i was thinking to put 10k in it to thoroughly renovate it, if nobody wants it....:rolleyes:
This is my angle... If yo ulike the car then put $6000 into it and it will take you another 100K miles... it will only be worth it if you like the car.
 

·
Tar Heel Faithful
Joined
·
14,127 Posts
Isn't there like a Black book value that some people use that's more accurate? I've been trying to determine the value of my cars but think kbb overestimates the value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,327 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
Isn't there like a Black book value that some people use that's more accurate? I've been trying to determine the value of my cars but think kbb overestimates the value.
The most accurate way to determine the value of anything is to try to sell it.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top