BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Using DIS/INPA with my 04 745Li

1813 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mmichalak89
I'm am trying to diagnose my car with DIS and INPA I have finally gotten them set up correctly, but when I go to diagnose anything in either program I continually get the error that the control unit is not responding. What is this control unit and could it be because it is missing/malfunctioning?

Thanks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I know that the TCU is missing, also. Is this the unit the programs are referring to?
You have issues with ports setup or USB-com emulation
Do you have any idea how I could diagnose this issue?
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum...on-modded-usb-vagcom-interface-winxp-t102843/

Middle of page has driver download and DIY guide. You might have a driver problem with the USB cable and COM settings.
Would it matter if when I connect the car and try doing anything with DIS it tells me the battery is only at 12V?
I ask this because I installed the drivers and set the com settings originally during install. Prior to asking on the forum, I uninstalled and reinstalled them again just to be sure.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.