BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Wondering if folks here have used Forge diverter valves to replace the crappy Bosch OEM valves? My intent is to use the stiffer spring to 'preload' the valve and therefore eliminate some of the hateful turbo lag at the very bottom while in "D" mode. These valves have worked for me like a champ in other turbo applications, just wondering if anyone had any opinions or advice regarding this topic...

Thanks and happy motoring...

-SharkyM

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
Are you sure the turbo lag is worse in D mode? I thought the sluggish start in D was because from a standstill, the car starts in 2nd gear for fuel economy?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo Lag or not...

Are you sure the turbo lag is worse in D mode? I thought the sluggish start in D was because from a standstill, the car starts in 2nd gear for fuel economy?
It sure feels like turbo lag, there's a half second hesitation after applying the throttle, then whamooooo!!! I guess I need to be in DS mode exclusively? Not such a bad thing ... But I would like to remove any lag whatsoever, even in DS mode...

The golf tee mod made it even worse..

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
It sure feels like turbo lag, there's a half second hesitation after applying the throttle, then whamooooo!!! I guess I need to be in DS mode exclusively? Not such a bad thing ... But I would like to remove any lag whatsoever, even in DS mode...

The golf tee mod made it even worse..
Why do you think that happened?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts