BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both the 2007 model year suggested retail price list and the confidential wholesale price list for the 500 models (including options). How do I utilize these numbers to determine what price I should pay for the vehicle. Additionally, what's a better value, a 2006 or a 2007?
Looking at the 525i or 525xi.:dunno:

·
Registered
60 Posts
barrieblum said:
I have both the 2007 model year suggested retail price list and the confidential wholesale price list for the 500 models (including options). How do I utilize these numbers to determine what price I should pay for the vehicle. Additionally, what's a better value, a 2006 or a 2007?
Looking at the 525i or 525xi.:dunno:
I'd ignore the retail. Try to get around $1,000 above invoice - depending on where you live. It is possible to get below that but I wouldn't feel too bad if I got that deal. Especially helpful would be getting real pricing info from those in your area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Real Pricing Phoenix Area

Anybody in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area able to give me REAL PRICE numbers for a 2006 or 2007 525i or 525xi?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
:thumbup:

On my early 2006 build 530i, I have the new inline-6 but I dont have the start / stop button and my MSRP was $52,000 somthing and now my exact car (2007) with the same options but with the start / stop button is $53,070. So if you want the new inline-6 but don't really care about the later build things like the the aluminum trim on the door pulls (regardless of if you have wood), start/stop button etc. get a early build '06 and it will save you some money but the later build '06's are basicly the same as the current '07's. And my car is a 530 and I have Premium Package, Steptronic, and Navigation (all I really need) but I'm sure you could get much more options on a 525.

-Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
can we get some figures up? i initially negotiated about 800 above invoice, but the dealer supposedly "forgot" to include auto tranny in the agreed final price. my car's being delivered at the end of august so i'm going to have to go back in to negotiate again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts