BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DO IT YOURSELF.
1,297 Posts
I was looking at these the other day, as I started thinking about refreshing my suspension bushings. It looks like a good design, though they are quite a lot more expensive than OE replacements. I have to wonder if they would be subject to the same kind of squeaking that urethane RTABs seem to be plagued with.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at these the other day, as I started thinking about refreshing my suspension bushings. It looks like a good design, though they are quite a lot more expensive than OE replacements. I have to wonder if they would be subject to the same kind of squeaking that urethane RTABs seem to be plagued with.
From all that I have read squeaking is not a problem but I want to be damn sure there are no issues with them before I put them on, I would be livid if I had to pull them back off. Im waiting to hear from rob on bimmerforums as to fittment since the MZ3 and Z3 use diff. part numbers. Not sure what is different.
Max

·
DO IT YOURSELF.
1,297 Posts
The bracket is clearly different, but they don't list the ID or OD for the bushing itself. If you can get them to provide those sizes, you could compare them against a non-M replacement, if you have those in stock at the moment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have them but haven't put many miles on them since my car has been down.

Initial reaction is that they look pretty good and feel positive and hopefully perform as well over time.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them but haven't put many miles on them since my car has been down.

Initial reaction is that they look pretty good and feel positive and hopefully perform as well over time.
Clint, Quality seemed good to you when you looked at them? Any reason not to go with them in your opinion? Ride rougher etc??

·
Registered
156 Posts
From all that I have read squeaking is not a problem but I want to be damn sure there are no issues with them before I put them on, I would be livid if I had to pull them back off. Im waiting to hear from rob on bimmerforums as to fittment since the MZ3 and Z3 use diff. part numbers. Not sure what is different.
Max
Transplanting your question and my answer from Bf.c...

Rob, A few questions please

1. Shows that you offer them for the Z3 & MZ3 are these 2 different parts? I ask because the ETK shows 2 totally different part numbers for the FCAB for Z3 and MZ3
You will note the difference is not the bracket, but just the bushing. Just like the E36, the difference between a standard non-M and the M3 is the bushing material itself, not a difference in geometry or any other dimension (the sole exception being the '95 M3 with unique offset bushings, but MZ3 never shared that).

2. Over the last few months have any "issues" come to surface with these that we should be aware of?
They've proven to be rock-solid. We had made an early update where the bearings were pre-lubed, but that's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts