BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their E46 325i Sport Package with the UUC sway bar. If so, how much of an improvement di you find?...thanks, audio8

·
Certified Organic Fanatic
2,544 Posts
audio8 said:
Has anyone upgraded their E46 325i Sport Package with the UUC sway bar. If so, how much of an improvement di you find?...thanks, audio8
:google:

That's what the SEARCH button is for... there must be a couple dozen threads on this one. :confused:

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
SpeedFreak! said:
:google:

That's what the SEARCH button is for... there must be a couple dozen threads on this one. :confused:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
audio8 said:
alot.

·
Registered
257 Posts
audio8 said:
Welcome, I can't anwser your question, but from what I have read, they make the car more neutral with less understeer, however they are adjustable to induce more or less over or understeer.

I hate to see a new memeber get such a harsh welcome.

Steve

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
NH-SHICKS said:
I hate to see a new memeber get such a harsh welcome.
It's not a harsh welcome. This topic has been discussed many times already. Why rehash it yet again if there is nothing new to talk about. Thus the invitation to search for the existing threads for the subject matter at hand. If the original poster has further questions after reading those threads, then that is the time to post a new question (preferably in the most applicable existing thread to wake it up).

·
2,544 Posts
operknockity said:
It's not a harsh welcome. This topic has been discussed many times already. Why rehash it yet again if there is nothing new to talk about. Thus the invitation to search for the existing threads for the subject matter at hand. If the original poster has further questions after reading those threads, then that is the time to post a new question (preferably in the most applicable existing thread to wake it up).
Exactly. Should we say... "Welcome, sir... here's your link sir..." or should we help him get acclimated? :thumbup:
I'm for the latter. This fine new member would never want the rest of us in here to think he's a lazy pile of sludge... now would he/she... 'course not. I'm just helpin' the little feller along. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
operknockity said:
It's not so much the search thing, I know this topic has been beat to death, but it's new member trying to get involved, just looking for their own little piece of advice.

Steve

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
NH-SHICKS said:
It's not so much the search thing, I know this topic has been beat to death, but it's new member trying to get involved, just looking for their own little piece of advice.

Steve
But the advice has already been given over and over and over, nobody should ever have to do their own homework ever. I'm not saying he can never ask a question, but if he does, he needs to be prepared, as do you, for the fact that one of those answers is gonna be that the question has already been answered and all you have to do is a simple search to find it". One day that newbie, and you, will be an oldie.... Lets see how y'all like it when the same exact same question asked over and over and over, ad nauseum, yet again, when you know damn well that it has already been asked and answered several times already. Or are you going to go to the trouble of doing the search for everyone and posting all of the links so we don't have lift our own fingers?

And, by your thinking, lets just do away with all of the libraries and books and magazines, cause we ain't never gonna need them. Oh no. WHy bother reading a book for an answer when we can just post the question to the internet. We'll save a hell of a lot of trees that way!

·
2,544 Posts
operknockity said:
But the advice has already been given over and over and over, nobody should ever have to do their own homework ever. I'm not saying he can never ask a question, but if he does, he needs to be prepared, as do you, for the fact that one of those answers is gonna be that the question has already been answered and all you have to do is a simple search to find it". One day that newbie, and you, will be an oldie.... Lets see how y'all like it when the same exact same question asked over and over and over, ad nauseum, yet again, when you know damn well that it has already been asked and answered several times already. Or are you going to go to the trouble of doing the search for everyone and posting all of the links so we don't have lift our own fingers?

And, by your thinking, lets just do away with all of the libraries and books and magazines, cause we ain't never gonna need them. Oh no. WHy bother reading a book for an answer when we can just post the question to the internet. We'll save a hell of a lot of trees that way!
:rofl: I cruised many of these forums for a really long time... in fact on some I still do (no time to comment every where... gotta just read some times) without posting anything. Read a lot of amazing things that I wanted to know opinion on and found it. If I needed to get more detail or mingle with the community... I would resurrect an old thread with a new post. Just a thought.
:thumbup: :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
operknockity said:
Ah, now you get it, that is exactly what I was thinking, great job. :thumbup:

:rofl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, you guys are right, I am new to the site. The funny thing is that you seem to be able to go on endlessly with all your reply posts about the proper procedures to be used on the site, you could have instead easily pointed me in the right direction! I am a member of many hi-end audio sites, and we don't treat our "newbies" with such impatience, but that's life...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
NH-SHICKS said:

Steve
And a little piece of advice they're given. Do a search. :dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
audio8 said:
Yes, you guys are right, I am new to the site. The funny thing is that you seem to be able to go on endlessly with all your reply posts about the proper procedures to be used on the site, you could have instead easily pointed me in the right direction! I am a member of many hi-end audio sites, and we don't treat our "newbies" with such impatience, but that's life...
Perhaps you SHOULD. Instead of posting here whining about how you're "treated," if you'd bothered with a little search like we all suggested you would've found your answer.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
audio8 said:
And if I had a specific thread or URL to the information, I would have posted it. But if I have to do the search to find the info to post here, you might as well to the search yourself. Part of the fun of the search is all the other things you'll find along the way.

·
2,544 Posts
audio8 said:
Being the well traveled fellow that you are... then you should have known better. ;)
It has nothing to do with procedures... it's a courtesy thing. It's like seeing some one throw trash out the window. As for the advice... I thought my advice was priceless. :thumbup:
As for UUC... their stuff is awsome. There... how's that for an extra couple of cents. :D

·
Wagon Man
244 Posts
audio8 said:
Welcome ... we all were once noob ....

anyway, I have UUC "anti-sway" installed on my SportPackage iT, it does help flatten out when cornering... and the car does feel more neutral. It may not be at the most preferable setting... but I have been too busy in house moving ... (and post-house moving)...

I'm leaving my ride alone for a while ... new baby boy coming along anytime now .. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
operknockity said:
All of the effort it took to write this stupid response you could have given the guy some advice. But you probably don't have any knowledge about Sway Bars, so why not give a silly response.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts