Re: Re: Re: VA,MD and DC Meet on 9/14

TD said:

Bastard.

Yeah, I'll trek out to Curry's.
ahhh come on!! Summit is just a little way beyond Curry's....:bawling:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
I will try to be there. Kind of interested in buying some UUC stuff and meeting some faces, although I bet there will be a large turnout of the local cargnoscenti.

·
10,856 Posts
Might make it out there. :)

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Jetfire said:
I will try to be there...
Check that. I will be there. Looks like the wife's gotta work that day.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
The 2-sides of Curry’s

Side-1: I call them from work and ask, “Do you sell UUC clutch stops?” Chris replies, “YES, I have the BigBoy right here.”

Side-2: I show up at Curry’s after work, there are two desks with customer at the one on the left, so I ask the assistant manager in the desk on the right, “Is there a parts counter?” He says, “No we don’t sell parts.” I told him that I called earlier today and was told you have UUC clutch stops. He is like, we will service your car, but we don’t sell parts… “You must have talked to Chris, wait for him when he is finished with that customer”.

Side-1: So, I talked to Chris and he is nothing like the assistant manager. He quickly finds the BigBoy clutch stop, digs around the shop floor and gets me 2 cans of Super Blue. I told the guy who sold me the car advised that I get a 5mm spacer to keep my tires from rubbing the fenders. Chris digs around the shop and finds a pair of 10mm spaces, then checks out my car to determine if the 10mm would work fine. He offers to let me borrow the 10mm to see how they do!

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
CD-55 said:
The 2-sides of Curry's

Side-1: I call them from work and ask, "Do you sell UUC clutch stops?" Chris replies, "YES, I have the BigBoy right here."
Hmm...that's good.

Side-2: I show up at Curry's after work, there are two desks with customer at the one on the left, so I ask the assistant manager in the desk on the right, "Is there a parts counter?" He says, "No we don't sell parts." I told him that I called earlier today and was told you have UUC clutch stops. He is like, we will service your car, but we don't sell parts… "You must have talked to Chris, wait for him when he is finished with that customer".
That's bad.

Side-1: So, I talked to Chris and he is nothing like the assistant manager. He quickly finds the BigBoy clutch stop, digs around the shop floor and gets me 2 cans of Super Blue. I told the guy who sold me the car advised that I get a 5mm spacer to keep my tires from rubbing the fenders. Chris digs around the shop and finds a pair of 10mm spaces, then checks out my car to determine if the 10mm would work fine. He offers to let me borrow the 10mm to see how they do!
psst, dad...that's good.

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Now that sounds like a great idea - I was wondering how I'd track down you guys. I'm willing to go east to Tyson's prior to heading back to my neck of the woods, if that's more central to everyone else.

·
10,856 Posts
Sure, where and what time?

·
10,856 Posts
I believe that I can make that. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts