BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to decide between two similar convertibles - 1999 M3 and 1999 328ic.
Both have 5-speeds and comparable mileage in 80,000 - 85,000 range. From a book basis, the M3 is worth about $2,000 more, but the two selling prices are over $3000 different. Is the M3 worth $3000 more over a comparable 328?

Thanks for your help and input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely worth $3k. It would cost you that + more to upgrade the suspension, etc to get the same performance. Why not get the real thing instead of having to piece-meal it together? In the end I think the extra smile it puts on your face is worth it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
fluid said:
Definitely worth $3k. It would cost you that + more to upgrade the suspension, etc to get the same performance. Why not get the real thing instead of having to piece-meal it together? In the end I think the extra smile it puts on your face is worth it.
Agree

You will get more resale out of it when you sell too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's quick responses. I just found out that the M3 I was looking at just sold. Does the value of the M3 justify a $5000 difference?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
farmtoys said:
Thanks for everyone's quick responses. I just found out that the M3 I was looking at just sold. Does the value of the M3 justify a $5000 difference?
Getting into personal preference now imo.

Good luck ! :thumbup:

Similiar to 911 vs Cayman

Audi A6 vs RS6

on & on..

You are the man to decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts