Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who don’t me, just do a search and you’ll find that I’ve been offering the valve stem seal repair for the older N62 for years. I’ve been getting numerous emails/messages about the N63 engine. Unfortunately, it’s still a very common issue with these engines as well. Symptoms include excessive oil consumption and/or heavy smoke from the tailpipe. I’m offering to complete the repair for $3500 total (includes all parts and labor). This does not apply to the N63tu (maybe in the future). Please PM me or email at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
24 Posts
For those who don’t me, just do a search and you’ll find that I’ve been offering the valve stem seal repair for the older N62 for years. I’ve been getting numerous emails/messages about the N63 engine. Unfortunately, it’s still a very common issue with these engines as well. Symptoms include excessive oil consumption and/or heavy smoke from the tailpipe. I’m offering to complete the repair for $3500 total (includes all parts and labor). This does not apply to the N63tu (maybe in the future). Please PM me or email at [email protected]

You should come visit the cayman islands, I'd let u do my n63

2009 BMW 750I

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, new to this, I have a F02 N57 engine on a 730Ld. How do I on w whether the valve stem seals require to be replaced? Does the law suit cover only the N63 engine?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Chiming in here as I’m stunned to hear talk about a class action on the valve stem seals issue. First I’ve heard about it. My E66 had it bad. My 2012 F02 doesn’t seem to suffer from it. I wonder if the previous owner had it taken care of under this class action. Guess I will try to get in touch with them and ask. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello I have a 2012 bmw xdrive 50i, 138000 miles on it, i was told by BMW that it failed the oil consumption test and shows all the symptoms you listed above.they wanted to repair it by replacing the oil seals. I am unsure as to weather the engine is the N63tu trying to figure this out but want to get it fixed.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Hello I have a 2012 bmw xdrive 50i, 138000 miles on it, i was told by BMW that it failed the oil consumption test and shows all the symptoms you listed above.they wanted to repair it by replacing the oil seals. I am unsure as to weather the engine is the N63tu trying to figure this out but want to get it fixed.
The X5 didn’t get the N63TU engine until the debut of the 2014 (f15) X5 xDrive50i. Your 2012 X5 xDrive 50i would have come off the assembly line with the N63 engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts

The X5 didn’t get the N63TU engine until the debut of the 2014 (f15) X5 xDrive50i. Your 2012 X5 xDrive 50i would have come off the assembly line with the N63 engine.

View attachment 1011248
Thanks !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts