BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed the Valvetronic motor gasket. I reinstalled the motor the first time screwing it in clockwise but once bolted on did not screw the motor counter clockwise. I ran the car and it felt laggy so I reset the motor screwing it counter clockwise as directed and let the motor reset in accessory mode. I did not hear the motor moving but followed the instructions.

There are no error codes and the car seems to run fine overall, but I can't help but feel that the car is not accelerating as quickly as it should. Would the happen if the motor is not set properly? Is this likely an ignition coil/spark plug problem rather than a valvetronic motor problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
You don’t normally need to reset valvetronic motor when removed and installed but if you wanted to you can run a calibration run ( learn valvetronic limit positions ).

·
Registered
59 Posts
To remove the valvetronic, 1st you turn it clockwise till it pops out on its own. (Remember before doing that you will need remove the 3 small bolts hold it down) When putting it back in, you turn it counter clockwise wise til it stop. Then you put the 3 bolts that hold it down. 2 located where the gasket is and the 3rd at the bottom located under the valvetronic. Now before you turn the car on you need to turn the car on engine off, and listen to the valvetronic calibrate. Once you can hear it stop running you can turn the car on...

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
When you put it in the standard procedure is to power the car up without starting it a couple
of times this allows the motor to relearn it's stops. You need standard tools or Ista D run the calibraion
procedure if you didn't do this or you think it didn't take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts