Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2011 x3 35i and shortly after had the drivetrain malfunction error. To make a long story short, it ended up that the Vanos bolts broke. It was towed to a local repair shop and they saw the bolts were broken and it seemed they were in the oil pan. The mechanic said he thought there was damage done to the engine when they broke. I had it towed to the dealer when I found out it was under recall. The dealer confirmed it would be covered. They told me today that the bolts were in the oil pan and they couldn’t see any damage. I’m scared that there really was damage and I may not know it until later and they won’t cover it then. What is your advice on how to make sure there isn’t any further damage done? I’m not very knowledge with mechanical issues so I need to know what questions to ask to assure I’m not being ignored. Thanks!

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
this happens more than you think, i wouldnt worry too much about it as long as they found all of the bolt heads; part of the recall forces you find all of them.... no matter what it takes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts