BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing the beisan seals and when I was putting back the intake and exhaust cover plates, and torquing them down to 7ft lbs, one of the 10 mm bolts snapped. I've looked all over realoem.com and searched the internet, and it seems that only the Vanos unit is listed, and not the assembly. Anyone know where I can order that bolt for the intake side? I'm going to head over to Home depot and hopefully they have a suitable substitute, but with my luck probably not. I'm afraid that the other 8 bolts might snapped as well seeing one of them was pretty brittle. 2000 528i Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Take one of the bolt and get a few bolts from Home Depot.
These bolts are bathed in oil, so no worry about rust.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Contact me as I noted on the vanos forum and I'll ship you a replacement. I have many of these.
The other 7 bolts are likely fine.
Your torque wrench might be out of calibration.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Wow that's service right there. Very nice Rajaie! :thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Take one of the bolt and get a few bolts from Home Depot.
These bolts are bathed in oil, so no worry about rust.
Home Depot's selection of lengths can be a bit sketchy.

www.mcmaster.com can get you any bolt, in almost any grade, in almost any length and thread pitch, you can get a hundred of them for the same price Home Depot charges for three or four.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not only did Rajaie sent me 2 bolts, 1 for the broken 1 and the other just in case, he sent them priority mail and I got it in 3-4 days, and all free of charge. Thank you Rajaie, I only wish there were more of you out there in the world. Finally got it done and omg, it feels so damn good. It's been bothering me for the longest time. It should be mandatory to have it done. The difference is night and day. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Amazing that you can suggest to others that this needs to be done to their cars--and then others will say it's all hipe---only way you will truly appreciate whats going on with this fix is when you have it done or you make the fix yourself--it's truly like driving a different car afterwards--2 years now since mine were changed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts