I've been thinking about this for a few months, and I finally went ahead and bought parts:
* UUC MotorWerks Gauge Panel - UUC Motorwerks
* VDO Vision Series Oil Pressure Gauge - LeatherZ
* VDO Vision Series Oil Temperature Gauge - LeatherZ
* VDO Vision Series Voltmeter Gauge - LeatherZ
* VDO Oil Pressure Sender - LeatherZ
* VDO Oil Temperature Sender - LeatherZ
Has anyone here done this before? I'm ordering the aluminum panel from UUC that requires painting (flat black spray paint) and all the gauges from LeatherZ. I priced out the VDO parts from other sources, and the prices vary by only a couple dollars here and there.
As for why, I'll be honest in saying that I think it looks cool. Other than that, the oil information is marginally useful, while I can't think how the voltmeter will give me good information. The good news is that I can swap gauges later if I somehow think of a more useful gauge. I thought of getting the water temp gauge, but it would just remind me constantly that the BMW buffered temp gauge is treating me like I'm an idiot.
2002 330i SP/PP