BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this for a few months, and I finally went ahead and bought parts:

* UUC MotorWerks Gauge Panel - UUC Motorwerks ($40)
* VDO Vision Series Oil Pressure Gauge - LeatherZ ($29)
* VDO Vision Series Oil Temperature Gauge - LeatherZ ($29)
* VDO Vision Series Voltmeter Gauge - LeatherZ ($29)
* VDO Oil Pressure Sender - LeatherZ ($69)
* VDO Oil Temperature Sender - LeatherZ ($30)

Has anyone here done this before? I'm ordering the aluminum panel from UUC that requires painting (flat black spray paint) and all the gauges from LeatherZ. I priced out the VDO parts from other sources, and the prices vary by only a couple dollars here and there.

As for why, I'll be honest in saying that I think it looks cool. Other than that, the oil information is marginally useful, while I can't think how the voltmeter will give me good information. The good news is that I can swap gauges later if I somehow think of a more useful gauge. I thought of getting the water temp gauge, but it would just remind me constantly that the BMW buffered temp gauge is treating me like I'm an idiot.

--gary

2002 330i SP/PP

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JonM said:
Do you already have OBC? Outside temp gauge might be useful. The sender is really expensive however. I have an analog clock (Vision series) that I can deal on. It's new in box.

The voltmeter is useful: (1) during the time right before your alternator fails and (2) if you park the car and are using an electrical load. When it goes below 12V, you should start the engine so the batt can recharge.
Thanks for the info!

Are you going to be at Bimmerfest? I'm going to see how the UUC plate works and maybe I can drop it off to you if I want it leatherized. Is that how you do it?

I've got the OBC, although I thought about a thermometer for INSIDE temperature.

--gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.