BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is killing me! I've had a 2003 X5 3.0i since '03 and started looking for a second (actually third) car and of course had to look at the new 5 series. Compared it to the MB E, A6, and Infiniti M and just loved the 5 the best. Of course I started out looking at the 535's then made the BIG mistate of driving the 550. Ordered one like the next day. Waiting on delivery of a 550i xDrive, carbon black, oyster dakota leather, M Sports Package, heated front seats, anthracite wood trim, sat. radio, ipod and usb adapter, rear view camera and split fold down rear seats.

I've used the boards before to find and fix problems with my X5 but had never registered. When I ordered the car and read all the posts about waiting on cars, 550's vs. 535's, RFT problems etc. etc. I had to join and tell you all about the new wheels. Cannot wait to get it and hit the road.

Anyway, thanks for "listening!"

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Maybe we'll see each other at the dealerships in the area with the bubbles we'll get from the terrible roads :D.

But seriously thats awesome. We made the mistake too test driving the 550 and switched over from ordering a 5.0 X6.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Congratulations. My car is also waiting to ship, but since I'm on the West Coast I have a longer wait time once it finally ships. My CA says hopefully next week.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The wait is killing me! I've had a 2003 X5 3.0i since '03 and started looking for a second (actually third) car and of course had to look at the new 5 series. Compared it to the MB E, A6, and Infiniti M and just loved the 5 the best. Of course I started out looking at the 535's then made the BIG mistate of driving the 550. Ordered one like the next day. Waiting on delivery of a 550i xDrive, carbon black, oyster dakota leather, M Sports Package, heated front seats, anthracite wood trim, sat. radio, ipod and usb adapter, rear view camera and split fold down rear seats.

I've used the boards before to find and fix problems with my X5 but had never registered. When I ordered the car and read all the posts about waiting on cars, 550's vs. 535's, RFT problems etc. etc. I had to join and tell you all about the new wheels. Cannot wait to get it and hit the road.

Anyway, thanks for "listening!"
What day did you finish your build? Get to Bremerhaven? A number of us are on the Fidelio en-route? Have you asked the dealer for an update? They have access to information not on bmwusa.com or 800#

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperTerp, I've already started thinking about swapping those tires out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that just maybe we'll be surprised and they won't have the Goodyear's on the car! Like the setup on your car. There was a dark graphite one on the lot which I really liked. However I love the carbon black color. Great handle by the way, go Terps!

Judyg I feel for you! I've been checking the website daily until I saw it was out of production before I called the 800 number. I've been trying to control the anticipation!

RH, I haven't asked the dealer about the car, just tracked it online and the 800 number. Ordered the car on 3/5 and think it only got to Bremerhaven yesterday. If I get a chance I am going to call the dealer today and see about a little more detail.

Thank you all for responding. Look forward to "talking" to you all again.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Lol thanks and yeah the carbon black was the real reason we were considering the m package, as it really looks outstanding. Well please let us know what tires you get. I'm hoping these Goodyears aren't nearly as bad as the stories on here, but I'm expecting the worst.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've called so much I have learned my PON.... I don't get if it says its scheduled for production wouldn't you assume they'd assign a date with it lol
I'm not sure which is worse. Knowing its ready and waiting for them to put the darn thing on a boat so you can wait some more, or waiting for them to build it. At any rate we all just have to wait!!

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sitting at port waiting for a boat is definitely worse than waiting for them to build it. You know it's ready, willing and able to drive but you just can't get to it!:mad:

I went online to TireRack this morning and started looking at replacement tires already too. I figure I'll run the Goodyear's until they go bust and swap then. Debating the wheel and tire insurance even though most on the Boards seem to recommend it.

More decision and money to spend!

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woohoo I'm on the Courage! :D Left Bremerhaven last night and due in Baltimore 4/15! Currently in the North Sea headed to Southampton with expected arrival 4/2. Departs Southampton same day then onto Baltimore, Charleston, SC and then Brunswick, GA. Anyone else on board?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Woohoo I'm on the Courage! :D Left Bremerhaven last night and due in Baltimore 4/15! Currently in the North Sea headed to Southampton with expected arrival 4/2. Departs Southampton same day then onto Baltimore, Charleston, SC and then Brunswick, GA. Anyone else on board?
Congrats!! I'm on the Undine which is in Southampton now getting ready to make the longer trip through the Panama Canal on its way to Port Hueneme!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Should I call it the Westcoast penalty? We have great weather here, but it takes longer for cars to ship from out of the country.

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There a lot of great reasons to live on the West Coast. Though I've never lived there, I've visited often and have always very much enjoyed it. IF the earth didn't move and it didn't take so long to get a BMW from Germany I'd seriously have to think about moving there! :D

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Courage, Faust and Undine

All three enroute in relatively close position. Faust due in first to N.A. 4/11 in Halifax then NY on 4/13. Then the Courage (yay me!) in Baltimore, MD 4/15 then Undine 4/23 at Port Hueneme, CA (sorry Judy!). Not long now!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
All three enroute in relatively close position. Faust due in first to N.A. 4/11 in Halifax then NY on 4/13. Then the Courage (yay me!) in Baltimore, MD 4/15 then Undine 4/23 at Port Hueneme, CA (sorry Judy!). Not long now!
Like I said West coast takes longer. But we have great driving weather for most of the year!

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Courage nears the Chesapeake! Schedule still shows due in Baltimore tomorrow. Should be driving her next week, Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!

Man it’s been tough watching the ship creep across the Atlantic. I still feel for you Judy!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.