BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the 2nd owner of this great 2000 X5 but after my divorce in 01/2014 I relocated to Alabama the vehicle drove great until Dec 2015 and its been giving me one issue after another :mad:
Now its completely shut down! I haven't had the time neither the patients or money to have it towed to BMW dealership/mechanic My question is there a less expensive alternative to having a Vehicle diagnosis done on it?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I am the 2nd owner of this great 2000 X5 but after my divorce in 01/2014 I relocated to Alabama the vehicle drove great until Dec 2015 and its been giving me one issue after another :mad:
Now its completely shut down! I haven't had the time neither the patients or money to have it towed to BMW dealership/mechanic My question is there a less expensive alternative to having a Vehicle diagnosis done on it?
What you mean "is completely shut down"?

1. Is battery good?

If it is no good - charge it and drive to BMW mechanic (not dealer ) if you can or tow it.

2. Are you able and planning to fix issue yourself?

If so - buy diag gizmo like "Carly for BMW" - it will cost you $50 for cable (they offer also bluetooth adapter but it works only for newer models - for E53 you need cable) and another $60 for smart phone application. So for $100 you will be able to diag all this yourself . It makes sense if you planning to fix issues.

If you not skilled , equipped or able to tackle the issues yourself - paying for diagnostics is a waste of money - shop will do it for free...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts