BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am scheduled for delivery on the 30th. So, today in the morning I checked Track Your BMW and it said On Order. Then, around 3pm I checked it again, it said In Production :)
Which is good news....however, I called the 1-800 number and it says the expected production completion date is the 14th!!!!!! :confused: Isn't that too early for completion? Only one week? It will be completed exactly two weeks before the ED date?!

Also, the Track BMW thing does not show all options that I ordered the car with....my CA said that 99% of the time, the online thing is wrong.

Any ideas? Your experiences with length of productions? Am I paranoid?! :p
Thanks!

·
Happily Driving
7,160 Posts
Get your CA to send you a copy of the order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the PO and initial dealer order sheet....all of them have all the options...My CA said that all options that I have ordered are in there. Apparently, the online Track Your BMW is really terrible. I'm worried about being out of production so early....Status code of the vehicle is 150 (Production Started).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine moved to "production complete" on the web site two and a half weeks before my pickup date. I don't think the exact timing of production is that big a deal: they'll get the car where it needs to be and then hold onto it for you. They probably slot things into the line as production demands allow (I'm guessing that in my case the cessation of production of the 328 sport option pushed it earlier).

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's fine. Why are you worried about it being done so early? Mine was done about 2-3 weeks ahead of time as well, but my pickup date was right after the march 2011 production changes, so it was done early to compensate for the change between production. The car will be brought to the welt and stored there until it is time for you to pickup the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts