BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2000 BMW Z3 and I have a couple of general questions. The car had no trunk badges and I would like to purchase new ones. I know the car has a 2.5L engine but I do not know if it was badged as a 2.3 or a 2.5. How can I find out? Also, is there any way to uncover vehicle maintenance history? I have called BMW and dealerships that have worked on it but BMW would not tell me anything and the dealerships had little or no records on it. I just want to learn as much about my vehicle as I can. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If the model year is 2000 that was the year they switched to the 2.5 and 3.0. Your car should have 2.5 badges as it has the M54B25 engine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2000 BMW Z3 and I have a couple of general questions. The car had no trunk badges and I would like to purchase new ones. I know the car has a 2.5L engine but I do not know if it was badged as a 2.3 or a 2.5. s much about my vehicle as I can. Any help would be appreciated.
My June 2000 Z3 has "Z3" on the left side and "2.3" on the right side of the trunk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the model year is 2000 that was the year they switched to the 2.5 and 3.0. Your car should have 2.5 badges as it has the M54B25 engine.
Yes, but I have seen many from 2000 with the 2.5 engine that were badged as 2.3 . Do you know anything about this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts