BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the dealer trying to give me the same old b/s about how they were unable to replicate some noises I told them to fix while the car was being serviced for some other issues. Is it just me or these jokers try to pull this crap every time?

I'm about to go in there to replicate the noise for them and then let them know I'm not coming back to get it until everything's fixed. Every issue was described in detail as to exactly what location the noises are coming from, and most are not intermittent noises but constantly present at speeds over 60mph.

I know some of the guys on here own or have owned S550's in the past - what's your experience with vehicle noises and having them fixed correctly on that model? Makes me feel like I'm driving around in a cheaper car when I hear them. Maybe it has something to do with all of the plastic they use on the F01's.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eventually after driving the foreman around their conclusion was that I must have a wider frequency of hearing than the employees as they couldn't hear the whistling sound and therefore the only solution they could offer me is to let the service manager drive my car home for the night and see if he can verify it. What a joke. BMW service as I've experienced is it absolute garbage. There was another reoccurring issue that was once successfully (albeit temporarily) repaired by another dealership and the solution was on record, but they were unable to replicate the repair.

I can't keep wasting time with these boneheads so I eventually just took the car back as I want it for the weekend.

While it's understandable that cars this complicated are going to have problems, they should fix this **** without making it such a damn ordeal everytime. As far as I'm concerned this is my last BMW.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a window rattle since day one. Took it in like 5 times and no fix for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had various rattles around my drivers seat and centre consol. I had the seat and consol temporarily repaired whilst parts were on order. I felt like I was being super fussy, but I hated my car with these rattle issues. I even went and test drove an LS460. It was my drive of the Lexus that made me appreciate how nice my BM is. The rattles now resolved and I am all happy.
Your issues are unfortunate, but they will resolve them and you do have a great car.
Good luck and I hope you get a positive outcome.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do appreciate the actual vehicle, it's just the service I've experienced over the past few years on this car and my previous one that gets me angry enough to where I don't want to put up with owning a BMW again. With some of these dealers getting something fixed is like pulling teeth. The stinginess on giving out loaner cars really sets me off every time as well.

Maybe it's better in some regions than others, but out here in LA (and previously in South Florida) it's pretty sorry. My nearest dealer has an average 1.5 star rating out of 131 reviews.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's a shame it's the dealers that are letting the side down. Over her in the UK I get either a phone call or a questionnaire after every visit to me dealer from an independent. As a result I cant fault the service I receive, nothing is to much trouble.

I would write to BMW directly with your complaint, this would be the only action that may resolve this level of service.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.