BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get/how to replace those black pads that are in the carpet to hold the mats in place?

The drivers side is missing both of them (bought it like that) and i didn't think it would be a problem but i notice the carpet moves more and more to where I keep having to adjust it so it wont play with my pedals. I don't want to take it out because I dont want to dirty up the carpets.

So know where to buy/how to replace?

· TMS
9,586 Posts
^
I thought we were talking about the velcro rings?? I suppose those would work if the OP doesnt mind poking holes in his otherwise good floormats... BUt I amsure you guys can source the velcro version of the Floor Mat locks
There are holes in the floor that those slot into. They have a velcro surface that engages the velcro pads on the back of the mats.

· Registered
449 Posts
There are holes in the floor that those slot into. They have a velcro surface that engages the velcro pads on the back of the mats.
Yes I am aware. But that is not the system from which the picture was posted. From what I understand there were/are two sepate OEM systems for securing the floormats. The one the OP is talking about (Velcro Based) as well as the system that Joe @ ECS Tuning posted a picture to (Twist Lock). Both systems utilize the slotted holes in the floor. As well as floormats specific to each version. Which is why I said the thing I did about the OP having to poke holes in his velcro based floor mat in order to use the part that was linked to.

· TMS
9,586 Posts
Yes I am aware. But that is not the system from which the picture was posted. From what I understand there were/are two sepate OEM systems for securing the floormats. The one the OP is talking about (Velcro Based) as well as the system that Joe @ ECS Tuning posted a picture to (Twist Lock). Both systems utilize the slotted holes in the floor. As well as floormats specific to each version. Which is why I said the thing I did about the OP having to poke holes in his velcro based floor mat in order to use the part that was linked to.
You may be right and that would make my earlier part number suggestion wrong too. This might be what you're thinking of: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/07149166609/

Either way, for a $1 or $2 part (even if you need 8 of them for all 4 mats), I'd probably just bop down to the local dealer and describe to them the problem I'm trying to solve and let them figure out the right part.

· Registered
449 Posts
You may be right and that would make my earlier part number suggestion wrong too. This might be what you're thinking of: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/07149166609/

Either way, for a $1 or $2 part (even if you need 8 of them for all 4 mats), I'd probably just bop down to the local dealer and describe to them the problem I'm trying to solve and let them figure out the right part.
I concur -- The dealer probably has them in stock as well. For such a cheap peice you loose any savings in shipping over the extra you would pay at the dealer.

EDIT-- Just noticed that the OP is in the DC area. With Tischer just down the road a few minutes... I know where I would be going...

· Supporter of Bimmer Lore
5,209 Posts
Apparently USA Bimmers have the Velcro hold-down system, while many of the rest (Canada included, as per Chelle's testimony) use the quarter-turn plastic fastener system with the corresponding T-hole cut in both the carpet and the floor pan. Plastic fastener is definitely more durable.

· Registered
74 Posts
Screw-locks

My 2001 325i-A has the keyhole in the carpet for the screw-locks. I bought 4 new plastic screw-locks at the Fla. stealership for less than ten bucks. I bought new rubber mats and punched out the thin rubber at the mounting point. The systems holds the mats down very well, but I did have to trim-up the driver's mat in a few spots to get a really good fit at the accelerator base.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.