BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I made a mistake with my interior color choice. It is beautiful, but the carpet mats show every bit of dirt on your shoes. The door panels are also hard to keep clean.
I just purchased the rubber winter mats but those get dirty also and I really don't want rubber mats in the car except for winter. The rubber mats also show every shoe print.
It is not just a car, it's my BMW- I have to keep looking good!

So, just a heads up if you haven't picked an interior color yet,or can change your order.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
We currently have a Lexus with gray leather interior and the carpet mats are very dirty. My 328i has black and its a breeze to keep clean. As much as I wanted either a gray interior or the oyster I ordered black. I really didn't want a 60k car with seats and carpet that I had to worry about.

·
Registered
332 Posts
roger that

lower panels in beige, gray will look dirty fast.

substitute black mats for std mats

or

Go for Black, or oyster/balck, cin/black interior

all of these have lower quarter panel in black , hides everything :rofl:

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
We currently have a Lexus with gray leather interior and the carpet mats are very dirty. My 328i has black and its a breeze to keep clean. As much as I wanted either a gray interior or the oyster I ordered black. I really didn't want a 60k car with seats and carpet that I had to worry about.
You could have ordered Oyster since the carpets are black. My only issue is the seat backs from my kids.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You could have ordered Oyster since the carpets are black.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
I was worried about colors wearing off (high end denim) on the oyster.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think I made a mistake with my interior color choice. It is beautiful, but the carpet mats show every bit of dirt on your shoes. The door panels are also hard to keep clean.
I just purchased the rubber winter mats but those get dirty also and I really don't want rubber mats in the car except for winter. The rubber mats also show every shoe print.

So, just a heads up if you haven't picked an interior color yet,or can change your order.
I have a beige interior too. I just cleaned the interior for the first time in 3 months. I had previously changed the interior mats to BMW black carpets as I did not like the all weather mats. A little bit of work using meguairs carpet shampoo resulted in a new looking interior in the exposed beige carpet areas. I also worked on the seats with a leather conditioner and was happy to see that there was virtually no dirt that needed to come off. It boils down to whether you want the interior to be clean or to just hide the dirt. I also have a black I interior Lexus and it is actually dirtier - just does not show it. If you want a clean car, it needs to be taken care of just the same.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
I was worried about colors wearing off (high end denim) on the oyster.
That is a concern. I have worries about my belt once I start going without a jacket in the spring.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
According to BMW's site the car has completed production and is waiting for the carrier to move it to the port, so I am now in waiting mode and expect to be in this spot for the next 6 weeks! It could be less, but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

It has to do with what color your dirt is ........ I'm on my 6th BMW with Venetian Beige or what it was called in prior years.

Just cleaned the OEM beige mats in my daughters 2002 330i and they look fine.

Hauled Little League baseball players for years in my 2001 740il ... the infield clay matched quite nicely and was easy (well almost) to clean.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yep. I had the cream beige on my e60. Drivers seat looked a little darker due to black leather jackets, denim, etc. If you clean periodically looks great. I have the Venetian beige this time. Btw: the black rubber mats make all the difference. I almost got the beige ones, but dealer was out of them and told me how light they were. Black is great and looks nice in my F10.

·
Registered
18,190 Posts
Yep. I had the cream beige on my e60. Drivers seat looked a little darker due to black leather jackets, denim, etc. If you clean periodically looks great. I have the Venetian beige this time. Btw: the black rubber mats make all the difference. I almost got the beige ones, but dealer was out of them and told me how light they were. Black is great and looks nice in my F10.
I agree. I think that the black all weather mats provide for some needed contrast that is lacking with the venetian beige interior. I have an alpine white F10 with the venetian beige interior and the black all weather mats. IMO, it is a fantastic color combination and I have had no problems keeping the interior clean. It is important to note, however, that the interior of the vehicle requires continued maintenance to keep it clean or the beige will darken. I regularly clean the interior and I just treated my F10 to an "interior detail" at my dealership. I am posting some pictures below of the all weather mats. These pictures were taken before the interior detail. After the interior detail, the interior of my F10 looked show room new. The dealer even cleaned the all weather mats making them look brand new as well.

Attachments

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts

You should just out charcoal carpet mats in. Those look clean for longer. Also you can put a cover over the area near the pedals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the beige interior and had it in my 2010 E60 also. I think it looks better than any other color and stays cool (ish) in the summer. My solution to the light colored mats was to get the Loyds clear rubber mats. They are custom cut to fit in the F10 and since they're clear, you can still see the color of the carpets. I was going to just put them in for the winter and for my son's baseball season, they really work good and are unbelivable with the dirt. Can't see it, can see footprints, can't see scuffs. I can post some pics if anyone is interested, but I think you can't go wrong with these mats for $100.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the beige interior and had it in my 2010 E60 also. I think it looks better than any other color and stays cool (ish) in the summer. My solution to the light colored mats was to get the Loyds clear rubber mats. They are custom cut to fit in the F10 and since they're clear, you can still see the color of the carpets. I was going to just put them in for the winter and for my son's baseball season, but they really look good and are unbelivable with the dirt. Can't see it, can see footprints, can't see scuffs. I can post some pics if anyone is interested, but I think you can't go wrong with these mats for $100.
Please do post some pictures. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,845 Posts
Here are some pics of the LLoyds clear rubber mats.
Not sure -- looks a little like my grandmother's plastic furniture slipcovers from the 60's. I think it's the embossed pattern I'm not crazy about. WeatherTech beige all-weather mats used to work in my beige interiors.

·
Registered
18,190 Posts
Not sure -- looks a little like my grandmother's plastic furniture slipcovers from the 60's. I think it's the embossed pattern I'm not crazy about. WeatherTech beige all-weather mats used to work in my beige interiors.
I am not sure either. My initial impression is that it looks like bubble wrap. IMO, the black all weather mats are a better match.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I am not sure either. My initial impression is that it looks like bubble wrap. IMO, the black all weather mats are a better match.
Quick observation: 100 bucks is way too much for that

·
Jack the cat
134 Posts
Another solution

I have my Venetian Beige since delivery in August. Really had a lot of problems with the mats. Seems anyone who got in dirtied up the mats and they always looked bad.

Years ago had an early Datsun Z car and used coco mats which always looked sporty and clean. So decided to try that on my car. Have a rubber bottom so sand, rocks, etc. does not fall through. Am very happy with the result. Only downside is they to not have the velcro on the OEM mats.

Purchased from Herrington. Here's the link: http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ms342.html

And a picture

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts