BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a hotel in Venice that they have stayed in and was value for money. I am also not opposed to staying nearby (Lido, Verona) if that makes sense. This is for our trip in Oct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really liked the Hotel Ala during the late winter of 'O3.
http://www.hotelala.it/eng/
Rooms are small but well appointed. It is very convenient to the vaporetto stop. The breakfast was the best I had in Italy. Ask for a room with a canal view. Very cool.
The Ala is about a 10 minute walk to San Marco Plaza. Venice is magic. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Are you doing another ED am_ver?

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
We stayed at the Locanda Santa Maria Formosa which is away from the mobs at San Marco. Very nice small hotel with some pretty wild decor. There are numerous small hotels that are quite nice and usually much cheaper than the Big Names. That said, nothing is really inexpensive in Venice but it is worth it if you have never been. :thumbup:

Suggest you try tripadvisor.com for more recommendations.

Enjoy the trip.

Cheers

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
We are going to be there in October, and we are staying at the Holiday Inn, as recommended by friends that were just there. The train station is connected to the Hotel and the center is a short train ride away. This hotel also has a large parking lot that is free of charge. AAA rate was 91 Euro a night. Slightly less if you are willing to buy the room up front.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Venice hotel

If you are traveling on beyond Venice, I highly recommend the Hotel Venice Resort. It is located about 1.5 miles from the Venice Airport and about a half hour drive to the big parking garage, across the street from the Venice water taxi. It is easy to hop back on the Autostrada the next morning to move on to your next destination. It consists of 3 restored farm houses, very new and modern and with AC! You can book on hotels.com and is less than 100.00/nite. Rated ****:thumbup:

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Must be a typo...Lido is Venetian Island and Verona is about 200 km. away.

I stayed at the Hotel Des Bains on Lido in 2000. Prolly pretty $$$ now, but back then the Lire was low vs. $. It was around $220/night w/ free water taxi to San Marco.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BayAreaBMWFan said:
Are you doing another ED am_ver?
yeah, I am planning one in late Oct. The tickets are already booked (using miles). Planning to pickup a 335i coupe. Hopefully nothing will go wrong this time. trying to place my order this week (or latest next weekend).

thanks for all the suggestions guys!!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
duplicate post

·
Registered
2019 Silver 740i
671 Posts
We stayed at Hotel Ca Fomenta, about a 10 min walk past Piazza San Marco. The place was recently renovated and a very good value at E105/nt which includes a pretty decent breakfast and a parking discount at Piazza Roma garage.

The rooms are clean and quiet, the plumbing is good, and there are some nice non-ripoff restaurants up the Via Garabaldi.

My only caveat is that it is a bit of a hike to get there from the autopark so if you are only in Venice for a night or two you might be better off with something closer. But if you have a few days the hotel is a great value for the price and the water taxi docks right at the hotel so you don't have to schlep your luggage.

http://www.hotelcaformenta.it/en/albergo.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just took delivery of a 530i about 3 weeks ago and drove down to Venice for 4 nights and stayed at a great little hotel, right off St. Marks Square called the Dona Palace Hotel.

Highly recommend it. Paid about 220 Euro's per night for a suite but loved being right in the center of everything. Check it out at this link from Venere...you can book on Venere as well and it worked out quite well for us.

http://en.venere.com/hotels_venice/san_marco/hotel_dona_palace.html?ref=3926

Regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.