BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hows everyone doing??? Ok well basically i was reading through my owners manual just for the hell of it a little while back and i remembered something about a ventilation system?

Basically through the OBC you can set a certain time interval were your car sucks in air from outside and the air inside basically gets pushed out or something like that.

Has anyone actually used this? and how exactly do you do it. It seems really complicated i cant understand what the manual is telling me to do.. lol... :confused:

Thanks guys! :D

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It seems really complicated i cant understand what the manual is telling me to do.. lol... :confused:
Lol, if you can't understand something even after reading the manual, I think you may be better off just ending the misery now, and not polluting the gene pool, either.....:p

On your MID, a rare feature is that when you click TIMER you can set it to run the fan for a 1/2 hour at a time you choose. However, if you have the stopwatch feature (which uses the TIMER button), you can't use the vent feature. You know if you have stopwatch or vent by pressing TIMER - if the display shows "STOPWATCH 0.0S" then you don't have that feature. I'm pretty sure the OBC only had stopwatch, and the other MID's had the vent, but I could be wrong.

Really, I promise, its not complicated......:rofl:

BTW, I've got it on the E39 - seriously, it kicks ass.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
That can't be right, because my 94 had info about it in the manual. I suppose it could've been a Euro only thing at that point, but I doubt it.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Good find bro. So its Euro only that got it stock. I seez......

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya thats what cause I tried doing it once and I was like what the hell? Anyway thanks chad and thanks boyvek!

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Common Sense > Andy

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow chad.. im gonna beat your ass! im gonna fuking drive up there and kick your ass! lmaoo =]

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
wow chad.. im gonna beat your ass! im gonna fuking drive up there and kick your ass! lmaoo =]
You can drive as far as you'd like up, but I'm down from LA, so you still might not get to me.

:p

:rofl:

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
I have it on my '93, but it was ED, so it would support the Euro stock comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts