BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped $4600 to fix the coolant problem and have the engine gaskets replaced...FML someone please post a BMW horror story to make me feel better!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just fixed a coolant problem last week. It cost 2000. On the bright side I thought my transmission was going out but it was just low fluid.2003 745li

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
190 Posts
Theres a place in southern cali that does the well know coolant seal tube problem for $1500 parts and labor. Not to throw salt on the wound. Read it somewhere on the forums.

·
Jdriver
20 Posts
Three letter for future reference. CPO
The best cars in the world are bmw's but pricey to fix spend the dough for warranty. I learned the hard way also.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Yea I had to drop $4000 in one month last year...I was freaking out day and night

·
Master Tinkerer
2,218 Posts
The first year I had my car I spent almost every evening of the summer at my parents' place pulling apart my car trying to troubleshoot a low oil pressure issue. Dropped the oil pump twice, replaced the oil pump unnecessarily, and had half the rest of the engine apart. And why, because of a few small plastic pieces getting chopped up and pushed up into the engine via the oil pump during my first oil change. F me that was a long and frustrating (and expensive) summer. Pictures / steps to drop your oil pump, as well as my last set of troubleshooting steps --> here.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I got the warranty, was considered, "pre existing" maybe it was, maybe it wasn't
what sort of warranty is that? How the hell can they determine it's pre-exisiting and screw you out of the repair?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's actually super comprehensive but anything over so much $ they send out an inspector and I guess he seen residue at the bottom of some tank

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
It's actually super comprehensive but anything over so much $ they send out an inspector and I guess he seen residue at the bottom of some tank
residue? That doesn't mean squat! 4600 dollars is no small sum of money. I had the same repair done after a tech changing the transmission pan notice a dribble of fluid on top of the transmission housing. They pressure tested it to a bad valley pan gasket and warranty/inspector saw the dribble and paid for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts