BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had ventureshield protective coating applied today. front bumper, full hood, partial fenders and mirrors. It looks great. I was surprised that it doesn't wrap around the edges of the hood for example. it runs right up to the edges of the hood and stops. I was told that ventureshield says not to wrap it under the edges, because it will not stay adhered as well as when it is flat at the edges. Anyway looks super!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Glad you like it. BTW - mine is wrapped.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Is it same as Clear Bra?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes, and unless you commute on truck laden/dust/rock prone routes, a complete waste of money IMO. Its a BMW, not a Maseratti...

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,398 Posts
Yes, and unless you commute on truck laden/dust/rock prone routes, a complete waste of money IMO. Its a BMW, not a Maseratti...
+this, it's not even brand new, really the only time to do it is upon delivery, the finish isn't perfect anymore

·
Drive it like u stole it!
804 Posts
madone, how much did it cost?

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
Who doesn't commute someplace where specs hit the front of the car? The clear bra is far cheaper than repainting the hood, apron and mirrors ever two years.

·
Nerd
1,149 Posts
The 3 deep gouges in my car's clear bra that protected the underlying paint says otherwise.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Who doesn't commute someplace where specs hit the front of the car? The clear bra is far cheaper than repainting the hood, apron and mirrors ever two years.
+1

I knd of like my car without the speckled paint option. I'll get this on all my future car also :thumbup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It cost me $800.00. Mainly because I got the full hood. No I can't see it unless I get close and look for the edges. Even the line at the end of the partial fender is not visible unless you look for it close up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It cost me $800.00. Mainly because I got the full hood. No I can't see it unless I get close and look for the edges. Even the line at the end of the partial fender is not visible unless you look for it close up.
Thats not too bad I will be getting it done this spring. That full hood make it very $$$$$$

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
I wouldn't do the entire hood. The shields are no where near as lustrous as the underlying paint. 1/3 should be sufficient.

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Is this what you buy through bmw accessories?

Yes you can. They selling something similar. Under Protective Coverings
But you might pay a little bit more if you like to have your dealership install them for you.
I would suggest you to do some more research to see which brand will suit you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I wouldn't do the entire hood. The shields are no where near as lustrous as the underlying paint. 1/3 should be sufficient.
I did the full hood so I wouldn't see the lines.

·
Bad Lieutenant
6,358 Posts
I did the full hood so I wouldn't see the lines.
Oooooh, didn't think of that! I can see my line, especially after the pollen lands. I go through a ton of q-tips and QD keeping that edge looking clean.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
$800

I know they guy that applies them for the dealers, he charged $95 LOL

Its a damn car, not a museum, its the like the little old lady with the plastic slip covers on the sofa and lampshades,,,,do you cover your car seats too?

Thats what touch up paint is for, its will make no difference at trade, anyone with a vehicle that 4 years old and 50K miles, expects flaws, and with a BMW, the cosmetics is the LAST thing to be concerned about-HELLO!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts