BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blackberry bold with the upgraded os 6 software and it suddenly stopped working form the I drive. I took into service and they advised that my Verizon Blackbery Bold is not compatible with my Bimmer? I have used it since End of January and after I upgraded to os 6 without problem until March now I am having a problem. Will no longer pick up phone calls or dial out from the car. I have to use the phone. Is anyone else know what is going on with Blackberry Bolds? Anyone have suggestions, or do I have to get a new phone like an I phone 4 from Verizon?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You're saying that after you've upgraded to OS6 is still worked for a while and then stopped? Is you car F10?
All BB phones are compatable with BMW 100% since they all use the same bluetooth profiles. The only difference is that OS6 adds a profile that lets you use the office function on the latest generation of BMWs with combox.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're saying that after you've upgraded to OS6 is still worked for a while and then stopped? Is you car F10?
All BB phones are compatable with BMW 100% since they all use the same bluetooth profiles. The only difference is that OS6 adds a profile that lets you use the office function on the latest generation of BMWs with combox.
Yes. I have a Feb Bult F-10 535ix with most bells and whistles. The service tech told me that only the Blackberry 9360 and the 9530 are compatible and no other blackberry devices? He also told me he has had several other with my same blackberry bold starting to do the same thing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
you might want to try a complete refresh.

Blackberry: deleting the car from the bluetooth connections, then battery out and back in...
Car: deleting the Blackberry from the connections.

And then reinstalling everything.

Also, upon getting the message on your Blackberry "do you want to accept BMW XXXXX as connection" - "yes" - "no" - "don't ask again"... don't do anything. Just wait a couple seconds, then the message disappears - a glimpse of an eye only - and gets replaced with nearly the same message. Acknowledge that one.

No other ideas...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The tech is wrong in saying that only those models will work. He should read the BMW training manuals, that's his job afterall
Try doing this: Delete the phone from idrive, delete BMW connection from the phone, then pull the phone's battery out, then reconnect the phone to the car. If it worked once and there was no software update made to combox, it should work again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you might want to try a complete refresh.

Blackberry: deleting the car from the bluetooth connections, then battery out and back in...
Car: deleting the Blackberry from the connections.

And then reinstalling everything.

Also, upon getting the message on your Blackberry "do you want to accept BMW XXXXX as connection" - "yes" - "no" - "don't ask again"... don't do anything. Just wait a couple seconds, then the message disappears - a glimpse of an eye only - and gets replaced with nearly the same message. Acknowledge that one.

No other ideas...
Thanks. Unfortunately, my service guy tried everything like this. His only suggestion was to do a hard restart on the phone? Then he told me it would not matter anyway as it is not compatible and will have the same trouble?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Thanks. Unfortunately, my service guy tried everything like this. His only suggestion was to do a hard restart on the phone? Then he told me it would not matter anyway as it is not compatible and will have the same trouble?
Please try to understand: all BB have the same Bluetooth profile, therefore all will let you connect and download contacts. Pull that battery out.

·
356 Posts
Rather than do a battery pull you can reboot the BB (same as a battery pull) by pressing and holding down the alt-key + right-hand shift-key (has aA and up arrow) + del-key. Hold them for a few seconds and the red light will flash and the reboot process will begin.

Bill

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Rather than do a battery pull you can reboot the BB (same as a battery pull) by pressing and holding down the alt-key + right-hand shift-key (has aA and up arrow) + del-key. Hold them for a few seconds and the red light will flash and the reboot process will begin.

Bill
There is been debate whether this is the same thing exactly. In his case, to be sure, I'd pull the battery

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is been debate whether this is the same thing exactly. In his case, to be sure, I'd pull the battery
I just tried it after taking the battery out and now it seems to be working again. Taking the battery out seems to be the fix for this blackberry. I just hope I do not have to take the battery out all the time or it is going to be very annoying to say the least! :thumbdwn: I will let you know if it goes down again. Thank you for the help DXK and who ever else responded. :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
No you won't have to do it often; it's like PC, sometimes it just needs to be rebooted. So now if it happens again in a few months / years, you know what to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930

Trying to decide which phone to purchase for my 2011 535ix. Would love to be able to use the Mobile Office functionality. I am a Verizon user.

Iphone is an easy choice if Mobile office not available for any phone on Verizon but I am hoping that Mobile Office will work with the newest Blackberry Bold 9930 on Verizon. I have contacted BMW, Verizon and RIM. No one knows if the 9930 which Verizon says runs on OS 7 has MAP and/or will be compatible with the Mobile Office function in my new 535 ix which has prem, P2, cold weather etc.

Any experience with this or intelligence you can share would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.