BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very important question (just installed eibach springs)~pics~

Just installed Eibach springs in my 2001 530i. The front looks perfect.
But the back looks like it is actually slightly higher than my previous factory sport suspension.

QUESTION:

Does the rear spring take time to brake in?
Does it get lower with time?
Please tell me it is the case

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Yes and yes.

Be sure to have a 4-wheel alignment done about 1-2 weeks after installation.

:thumbup:

·
10,856 Posts
many spring kits do drop the front more than the rear (UUC especially), which is purely for bling and is the OPPOSITE of what BMWs like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More info with pictures:

Took some measurments and looks like the front is perfect. The rear is about .75 in to hight.

I am attaching the picture of the rear assembley. It the washer suppose to be there?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Looks okay to me...give the springs in back time to settle. You probably only need 2-3 days and they probably won't move anymore. After that, you can determine if the ride height is correct or not or what you expected...or not. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
measurements

Here are the measurments of the center of the wheel to the fender:

front 13 1/2" left and right,
rear: 14" right and 14 3/8 left wheel. that is almost 1" higher than front. Do you still think it will settle?

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
The washer looks correct to me. I'd check with Eibach about the ride heights. btw, driver's side of the car is designed to be slightly higher than passenger side, so that is normal.

·
Registered
367 Posts
looks like you have koni yellows right?
and it looks like you've used the middle spring perches on the rear, if you really want to lower it big more, i would use the lowest perch settings on the rear, i meant if you aren't satisfied with the height after few weeks later.

$.02

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys for all the info,
after some posts at Roadfly.org, I have found out that I have two major problems with the rear install:

1. The perches are istalled on the higher than recomended setting
2. one of the springs is installed upside down. (that causes .25 rise)

My next step will be to correct these

·
Registered
133 Posts
How do the eibach's compare with facory sport suspension in comfort and handling?? i installed eibach/bilstein setup on my 540i but i did not have the facory sports but rather the regular touring package ???

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
Yes, please post your thoughts. I currently have the sports susp on my car and looking for the Eibachs or H&R springs...I would like to know the difference as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts