87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my Z4-M40I in early May keep checking this site not much action
Would love to share thoughts with other owners
Anyone out there

·
Steve
343 Posts
Loving mine. Great to drive and just plain fun. What you thinking?

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,384 Posts
Hi guys, I got mine in June, only month old and 1700 miles. I was not expecting to buy as I have 335is E93 and love it. But, drove by the dealership and spotted it and took test drive and drove it home the following Saturday. It was the only one on the lot and there were no Z4 M4.0i anywhere near me to compare to. So it got the car with the kitchen sink, so to speak. Sales manager told me that was his 2nd sale, he is ordering them one at a time to see how they move. Wife and I took our break in road trip down to Ft Myers and there are two dealerships down that way we stopped in at and neither had a Z4 M40i, one had a single 2.0 and another had 2 3.0's and we did not see a single new Z on the highway until heading home, spotted a Blue one in Venice and the back in Thomasville a white one. :rofl:

CV-19 has effected production and I am sure price is a big factor as well. $75k is a stiff price for a lot of folks to through at a Sunday ride around car. There is a G29 FB group, there is some activity there. I got the Frozen Gray and while I like the color, I am not a fan of the trim or the wheels so mods are coming as money becomes available :D

Cheers

·
ZEDHEAD
233 Posts
I might be trading my 2017 M240i on a 2020 M40i, test driving tomorrow, I had a 2006 E85 3.0i and a 2015 E89 35is. Can't wait!

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,384 Posts
Yep, picked it up Monday, only picture I have is the day I test drove it, will clean it this weekend and take some better ones.

It is a CPO, 7,800 miles.
That must have been the GM's car then. Can't believe they would run 7800 miles up on the car to just sell it as a CPO. Picked mine up with 6 miles. :D Hope you got a heck of a discount.

I will be dropping mine off to get XPEL Stealth sealed this weekend and pick it back up next weekend. I will drop a link to the shop after its all done. Can't wait, I have been holding off driving after our initial road trip.

cheers.

·
ZEDHEAD
233 Posts
That must have been the GM's car then. Can't believe they would run 7800 miles up on the car to just sell it as a CPO. Picked mine up with 6 miles. :D Hope you got a heck of a discount.

I will be dropping mine off to get XPEL Stealth sealed this weekend and pick it back up next weekend. I will drop a link to the shop after its all done. Can't wait, I have been holding off driving after our initial road trip.

cheers.
They told me a guy traded it in on an X5 because he met the love of his life, got married and want to start a family right away, IDK :dunno: but either way, sticker was $70,295 and I got it for 55,000, a good price, but you always feel like you could have done better if you just held out a little more.

Anyway I've got it now and am loving it!

Attachments

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,384 Posts
Certainly can't beat that price. :thumbup:

Join the ZSCCA and look at going to next years 25th anniversary of the Z cars in Greenville SC.

Cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Living Dead you did fine
Looks great in that color combo
Best of luck and enjoy

·
ZEDHEAD
233 Posts
Living Dead you did fine
Looks great in that color combo
Best of luck and enjoy
Thanks! Always was my favorite combo, my '06 3.0i was the same combo except the red was more red.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts