Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small leak, noticeable on passenger side of engine, although I recognize the oil may have travelled. Its tiny ...for now, maybe a teaspoon after being parked for 2 weeks. Any ideas where it might be coming from ?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that , my 2012 does not qualify for the warranty but I suppose it could have the same problem. I'll play with it , i presume i need to take the engine cover off first to check ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These part replacements just look like basic hoses , is there a home fix for this or is it more complicated than it seems

·
Registered
238 Posts
Before I found out that these were a warranty repair, I fashioned what I considered a temporary fix but as long as it held I would have put off replacing the line. You're right that they don't look like anything special to me either. So I used a short section of soft pliable rubber that I wrapped around the the broken (or could just be cracked partially) tube to hold it together and used very closely spaced tie-wraps to securely seal the soft rubber patch. Since it's just a crankcase oil vent line there is very little pressure and I'm sure my fix would have lasted quite a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts