BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some rear seat entertainment to my 12 li, anyone have an idea what works best, i was looking at the atom nv-2010 but cant find pricing or retailer anywhere here in FL. Leaning towards something that doesn't go into the headrest

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have rear DVDs player and rear display along with main head unit and 10" screen. Very cheap. All OEM from 2014
If interested PM me

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I went this route. My kids love the screens and it looks clean to me. It cost me less than $500. I think the screens were $150 each. Even from the exterior, the T.V's look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
If your referring to the last pic, that's not mines. Those belong to a member here. My tables mount like my T.V for easy on and off access. Here are my tables in my E66.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh no, i just meant in general, i was asking what model etc your aftermarket screens were, those tables aren't compatible if you have the screens up though right

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
My setup NO. I would have to have one or the other up but can't have both at the same time. As for the other member setup, they can both be in-use simultaneously. My table were purchased at the dealer. The bracket is sold separately. I sent the link to my T.V in the earlier post.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
oh no, i just meant in general, i was asking what model etc your aftermarket screens were, those tables aren't compatible if you have the screens up though right
Sorry I miss read your post. The link to my screens are posted in one of the earlier post.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how did you mount? do the mounts that come with work with the active headrests? and with power is it just a 12v lighter plug?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
They mount in between the headrest by a bracket. Then the screen snaps into the bracket. Yes they work with active headrest. I used the 12v out let. The way I ran them, you can't see them. Look at my pic close and see if you see the outlet in the rear. You'd have to really stare to see it and I have light interior. It comes with the necessary wires to hard wire them if you choose.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
i Love those built in tables, what the vendor/model of the aftermarket you have?
The built in tables are in my BMW. They are factory retrofit. I had to purchase all of the parts myself after doing lots research.

Code:
Part Number         Qty.   Description
52 10 7 265 337     2     Folding Table
52 10 7 265 343     2     Cover Left
52 10 7 265 344     2     Cover Right
52 10 7 319 101     2     Rear Section, Comfort seat, lower
52 10 7 319 095     2     Rear Section, Comfort seat, upper
52 10 7 299 685     2     Cross brace for folding tray
52 10 7 042 164     8     Blind rivet
07 14 9 156 955     8     Fillister head screw
07 14 7 132 311     8     Blind rivet nut
07 14 7 131 792     8     Fillister head screw
Each table was custom made at the factory and took a LONG time to arrive.

They cost WAY WAY WAY too much money, but it's so much cheaper than getting a Rolls Royce.

The "DVD players" are 4th Generation iPads. I glued very powerful neodymium magnets to the back of the seats and the iPads. I purchased a Seagate portable NAS that has around 1,000 "kids" movies. Each grandkid can play games and/or watch a movie. Audio is handled by a pair of Bose bluetooth headsets. Most of the time they remove the iPads from the seats and hold them in their laps.

jeff

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ha awesome, yeah think i'll pass on the 5k tables..lol, do you know where i can find the OEM rear seat entertainment?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
ha awesome, yeah think i'll pass on the 5k tables..lol, do you know where i can find the OEM rear seat entertainment?
paprmkr has them for sale. He was the first one to reply to your topic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts