BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dumbass got stuck in some deep mud. Ended up rocking back and forth at high rpm with no dsc on and off for an hour but failed to get free. Had to call a tow truck to get pulled out. Obviously there was a lot of mud under the car in the brakes etc. I believe the under carriage is pretty clean now but I am left with a vibration. Seems to occur when accelerating at low speeds. It goes away at higher speeds. At one point it seemed worse when I turned my front wheels left but I'm not sure if that is always the case; only constant seems under acceleration - when I apply gas at low speeds. Any suggestions as to what to look into. Hopefully this doesn't cost a fortune.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Where did you connect the tow truck hook on your car?

First thing, remove all the plastics underneath the car and give it a good cleaning. Check all the cavities for mud. Otherwise it dries out very slowly corroding the chassis.

You have more chance of getting out of mud at low RPM, not high. The wheel should barely spin. High RPM + slipping wheel will just dig you deeper.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you connect the tow truck hook on your car?

First thing, remove all the plastics underneath the car and give it a good cleaning. Check all the cavities for mud. Otherwise it dries out very slowly corroding the chassis.

You have more chance of getting out of mud at low RPM, not high. The wheel should barely spin. High RPM + slipping wheel will just dig you deeper.
Removed plastic cover on passenger side of front bumper- screwed in towing eye bolt that was in the kit in the trunk.

We started with low rpm. Got ourselves in a rut about 10 feet long. Good only move back and forth within this rut. There were attempts to build speed to escape the rut.

I'll check the rubber pieces as mentioned below. Yesterday under more experimentation it definitely seems to be worse when turning the car. I believe it is related to one of the front wheels.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Removed plastic cover on passenger side of front bumper- screwed in towing eye bolt that was in the kit in the trunk.

We started with low rpm. Got ourselves in a rut about 10 feet long. Good only move back and forth within this rut. There were attempts to build speed to escape the rut.

I'll check the rubber pieces as mentioned below. Yesterday under more experimentation it definitely seems to be worse when turning the car. I believe it is related to one of the front wheels.
Don't you have mud stuck in the wheels making them unbalanced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts