BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Last few days ago when I parked my car on the side of the road ad my sister's house. Some one across street lost control when backing up and hit to my rear door damage very bad. The car still drive-able but now when I seat on it, I feel the engine is slightly vibrate even on idle or put in "D" at stop sign. I never feel this vibrate before. I am waiting for their insurance to get back to me for the repair but about the vibration, what do you guy think? any opinion?

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,201 Posts
A twist like that could of damaged the motor mounts.
Just keep it mind when dealing with the insurance and don't sign off until you're satisfied.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I check if the motor mounts are damaged? Should I have the place where the insurance send me for repair check ? There is a shop called Caliber Collision center close to my house I may take the car there for repair.

·
Munich Mark - 2014 535XD
832 Posts
Could be lots of things, also Exhaust System rubbing against something... Transmission and Drivetrain mounts, etc...

Engine running on a lift with someone underneath checking at the problem RPM’s may help, also notice if different vibe levels cold hot will potentially help pinpoint.

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,201 Posts
Could be lots of things, also Exhaust System rubbing against something... Transmission and Drivetrain mounts, etc...

Engine running on a lift with someone underneath checking at the problem RPM’s may help, also notice if different vibe levels cold hot will potentially help pinpoint.
+1
It could be so many different things.
You should be able to take the car anywhere you want for repairs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I feel more likely the mounting hardware damage than anything else. To pin-point this issue kindda hard cuz it related almost everything that mount on the chassis, motor, transmission, etc ... I don't thing the exhaust system rubbing anything cuz I don't hear any rubbing sound. I have experience the vibration increase more if I have the engine running and put in "D" gear. Put in park or in "N" the vibration is less. Also notice if I put in "R" with the ((P)) park on, step on the brake then the vibration even worse.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car in the shop for replace the damage door now. After that I have to take to dealer for the vibration issue. Will keep it posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts