BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Here with another issue. I was driving home tonight and my car all of sudden starting making violent vibration when I was turning right. However when I turn left it's fine. There was something in the road the and I ran over it and my bumper got pretty screwed. It was rubbing and hitting against the tire. I ziptied it and ever since I did that it was fine. Now all of sudden it started doing that again. It is pretty hard to explain the noise/vibration and I am very scared driving it anywhere. I will try to post a video tomorrow if I can just have the car stand still turn the wheel to see if it makes any noise.

Till then, any one have any idea what can be causing this? I am losing my mind with this car and every damn time I get paid, I spend my most of my check fixing it.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Check the cover under the front end (belly pan). It may be loose and getting into the wheel when turning.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
worn control arm bushings make the scariest things so I would start with that.

put a wheel wrench on the lug bolts and try to imitate tightening the bolts. if the wheel has some play, most likely the bushing

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the possibilities everyone. I drove it for a little bit this morning and it stopped doing it. But yes, I think it is time do replace the bushings. RIP wallet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts