BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,366 Posts
Help us help you better...where did you get this code read...or what tool did you use to read the code and decode the description? There are multiple scanners/readers and some have their own table that might give more details than a generic tool. The "A" could stand for multiple things depending on the maker/brand of the tool that was used and the table that you got the info from that said it was for a wheel speed sensor.

Do you have any visible symptoms or issues...like other warning lights besides the CEL/SES light etc? If you do, please add them to the discussion...it may provide clues to guide us to making better suggestions or ideas. :)

We have to depend on the data/info/details given by the poster to paint the picture and fill in any details since we aren't present with you. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
That is an OBD II code and the 'A' is a generic code for a sensor. You need better software to read the ABS module to see which sensor is defective. That is the first code I encountered on my car several years ago. I cleaned all 4 sensors and fixed some cracks in the wiring on one. This resolved the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts