·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
:thumbup:

That M3 IS fast... :yikes: Honestly, judging by the gap between the two at the end, I think the M3 would've won no matter what... Driver skills? :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:
:thumbup:

That M3 IS fast... :yikes: Honestly, judging by the gap between the two at the end, I think the M3 would've won no matter what... Driver skills? :dunno:
The M5 is a bit slower coming off the line, but once moving, it gets ahead. This is what I was told from BMW Performance Center instructors :)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

The M5 is a bit slower coming off the line, but once moving, it gets ahead. This is what I was told from BMW Performance Center instructors :)
Considering that both are limited @ 155Mph, how's that possible? I mean, is the M5 quicker in the 1/4-mile/0-100Mph/0-120Mph? :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:

Considering that both are limited @ 155Mph, how's that possible? I mean, is the M5 quicker in the 1/4-mile/0-100Mph/0-120Mph? :dunno:
That is what he said :dunno:

"The smaller cars get the jump off the line, but the M5 quickly catches up and passes them" :dunno:

There aren't many cars as fast past 120mph either :p It keeps accelerating hard until about 170, then drag comes in a bit harder until 190 :lmao:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true, did you guys see the video of the M3 vs the Light Truck

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
nate328Ci said:

That is what he said :dunno:

"The smaller cars get the jump off the line, but the M5 quickly catches up and passes them" :dunno:

There aren't many cars as fast past 120mph either :p It keeps accelerating hard until about 170, then drag comes in a bit harder until 190 :lmao:
So is your dad's M5 back up to par? I remember something broke at the track a few months ago...Have you really gone that fast in an M5..?! :yikes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Chris330ci said:

So is your dad's M5 back up to par? I remember something broke at the track a few months ago...Have you really gone that fast in an M5..?! :yikes:
Just the clutch, pretty standard for M5s. And yes, it shows 187 at 6500 in 6th :)

:eeps:

·
kludge it!
628 Posts
I know where this is!

Whoa! I know where these drag races where!
That is close to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

That's where I'm from... Amazing the amount of luxury, exotic cars you see down there... You can see a brand new Ferrari 360, Masserati or the likes like that on any given intersection right next to a beat up, smoky 1985 Buick Skyhawk barely able to stand on the road.

Last year, before anybody on this board had seen any new E46 M3's, I went there to visit family in February and saw 3 of them on the streets... it's sad for a country that is more poor than rich.
The rich get richer and... well, you know...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.