Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
Nice review! The Blue car is a strange spec isn't it? i.e. no Nav, kind of spoils the interior.
Lots of 3ers won't have Nav. Mine won't. I don't need it or want it and it's not worth the money to me.

·
1-5-3-6-2-4
615 Posts
I'm having a hard time getting over the engine note at idle. I love the car and can't wait until it's time for our next lease, but I'm really leaning toward the 335i almost solely because of how the N20 sounds at idle. If I think with my head then I come to the conclusion that the 328 is the right car for us... but if I think with my heart (and my ears), the 335 will wind up sitting in our garage.

This video was great, though. Very nice to see all of the new options displayed in a moving picture. I love the interior comparison shots with the E90 interior. Nicely done.

/edit - btw... i know there are a thousand N20 vs. N55 vs. N52 threads already... Sorry to pile on here, too. The video just really highlights that engine noise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did anyone else notice the weird configuration of the Luxury Line car he was primarily using for his review? No nav, but has the 6WA extended instrument cluster? :dunno:

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
Great review. The standard seats look greatly improved.

·
I probably dislike you...
781 Posts
Did anyone else notice the weird configuration of the Luxury Line car he was primarily using for his review? No nav, but has the 6WA extended instrument cluster? :dunno:
Can someone help me out with this? I like the look of the extended instrument cluster, but I thought I had to get the NAV for that option. Does that mean it is configurable independent of certain vehicle options?

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
Eek lawn mower sound at 12:00.

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
Looks like you pretty much have to get Nav or they shrink your screen size to the size of a large Android phone with that weird plastic border.

Pushes the minimum order to $48,5

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
Are you sure? I watched the vid, but I don't care to go back to check. Nav is required to get the 8" screen.

Can someone help me out with this? I like the look of the extended instrument cluster, but I thought I had to get the NAV for that option. Does that mean it is configurable independent of certain vehicle options?
No. Nav is required to get the 8" screen. If you don't have Nav there is really no need for the bigger screen.

Looks like you pretty much have to get Nav or they shrink your screen size to the size of a large Android phone with that weird plastic border.

Pushes the minimum order to $48,5
The screen size is 6.5". With the Nav it is 8". In the A4 the maximum screen size is 7" with the MMI. If you don't pay more to get the upgraded stereo or MMI Audi's online info doesn't indicate whether you get the 7" screen anyway or whether you get any screen at all. And none of the pictures in the brochure show anything other than cars that have MMI.

In the F30 the 6.5" screen works very well for just iDrive and looks fine, too. I don't care to have Nav and I find the 6.5" screen just fine.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Just went for a spirited drive, holy ****! I had it in sport mode god damn! coming from the N54 i am just beyond amazed the power that little I4 has. Just incredible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are you sure? I watched the vid, but I don't care to go back to check. Nav is required to get the 8" screen.

No. Nav is required to get the 8" screen. If you don't have Nav there is really no need for the bigger screen.

The screen size is 6.5". With the Nav it is 8". In the A4 the maximum screen size is 7" with the MMI. If you don't pay more to get the upgraded stereo or MMI Audi's online info doesn't indicate whether you get the 7" screen anyway or whether you get any screen at all. And none of the pictures in the brochure show anything other than cars that have MMI.

In the F30 the 6.5" screen works very well for just iDrive and looks fine, too. I don't care to have Nav and I find the 6.5" screen just fine.
In Europe you can get sat nav with the 6.5 inch screen

·
I probably dislike you...
781 Posts

You are miss understanding. I am not talking about the Nav screen. If you order the Nav, you get enhanced display information in the gauge cluster. For example, a digital MPG reader. However, the car in this video does not have Nav yet has the updated gauge cluster. I was just curious if it could be ordered separately, or if this was a mistake from the factory.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts