BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share some videos on how to remove and install the center console trim that goes around the gear selector and cup holders. Decided to replace the trim since I had a crack on one piece and slight peeling on another. Its fairly straight forward however the biggest issue people experience is installing the cup holder trim piece. I've heard some people having to loosen the entire center console just to get it in correctly however I'll show you a very simple technique that will save you some frustration.

Hope this helps! :thumsup:

Removal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaOdIUn8hzE

Installation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KnO2Qv_dWk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do. I've actually removed the whole center console just to replace the cup holders.

There are three T20 screws that hold the wood trim in place along with some clips. If you remove the trim like in my videos you'll uncover two screws. One thing to note is the there is a screw very close to the dash, you'll need a small 90 degree T20 wrench to get it out. The third is behind the small plastic cover just above the rear center console vent. Pop that off and remove the screw. At this point make sure you have the seat moved and leaned all the way back. At this point pry it outwards away from center console and then pull towards the back once you've cleared it away from armrest.

For anyone needing assistance let me know. I'm happy to help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for this.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a pain as you actually have to remove the entire center console. Since there was no guide or video on how to do it, it took me like 4 hours but I could probably do it in half that time now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a pain as you actually have to remove the entire center console. Since there was no guide or video on how to do it, it took me like 4 hours but I could probably do it in half that time now.
Thanks for posting this information. I'm thinking about replacing my cup holders too. The sliding cover that hides the cigarette lighter and cup holders broke into a few pieces. Probably became too brittle over time.

I'm not looking forward to removing the entire center console. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.