Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great website, I am going to code my 2015 x5 to have video in motion, I was informed on this model you can only get a video thru DVD or USB/memory stick...has anybody used their cell phone via cable to get a video?

·
Registered
152 Posts
What a great website, I am going to code my 2015 x5 to have video in motion, I was informed on this model you can only get a video thru DVD or USB/memory stick...has anybody used their cell phone via cable to get a video?
do you have ID5? if so, you can miracast and do video from cell phone without cable and code accordingly.

·
Jack Attack
183 Posts

I have a 2015 X5 and want video in motion.. what's the best way?? You can display video from your iPhone to the screen too? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Automotive YouTuber
22 Posts
You can activate it with the Bimmercoder App, but there's another string of people having issues with it: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270928

I've used the app to get my mirrors to fold in, but I'm a little worried about trying the video in motion. I'm not sure if it will work from my iPhone via USB, Bluetooth, or if I'll need to insert a USB thumbdrive with mp4s on it to get it to work. I hope someone else already has experience with it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can activate it with the Bimmercoder App, but there's another string of people having issues with it: Bimmercode did a number on my '15 X5

I've used the app to get my mirrors to fold in, but I'm a little worried about trying the video in motion. I'm not sure if it will work from my iPhone via USB, Bluetooth, or if I'll need to insert a USB thumbdrive with mp4s on it to get it to work. I hope someone else already has experience with it!
I did activate the the video in motion setting by BimmerCode app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts