BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 328is doing a little burnout before new tires...i say little burnout because it is nothing compaired to some i did through the week...unfortunatly i didn't have a camera then....it's always fun when you have a new set of tires waiting to get put on...gotta get rid of the old tires somehow....:freakdanc

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Lol....that's it?! I was expecting more from you.... :tsk:

Lol. Nice anyway.

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
hmm I have a vid somewhere of me doing an okish burnout.. It was the first time I ever did one in my car.. I'll see if I can find the link.. Only one wheel burned out though.. I was mad..

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm I have a vid somewhere of me doing an okish burnout.. It was the first time I ever did one in my car.. I'll see if I can find the link.. Only one wheel burned out though.. I was mad..
mine does a one wheel sometimes. but mostly two. lately it has been doing two and walking sideways while doing the burnout...you can see it kind of in the video...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just wondering if you had a brake bias dial in the car and moved it to the front wheels :)

Those tires must have been baaaaallld to have that car sit there like it did.

·
Spitfire
609 Posts
Nice one dude! !
I would NEVER, well neve again! Do that im by car. It's an auto, so no thanks ! It would spin both in low revvs (torque) But gets higher and youre not doing all that much of a burnout !

But, this does put a $hit load of stess on all the driveline parts. From Clutch to transmission to drive shafts and drive shaft joints to Diff. to axles to rotors and brakes. Last but no least, to tires (on the way out). Thats enough of a list of why I dont like burnouts. Ow and also the engine, mostly the crank shaft.

I hope I dont get flamed for the above! Theres on thing thats good about it though. Its mad FUN !!!

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
SSU hit it spot on. Regardless of your tires, you shouldn't be doing that. You're risking possible transmission/rear-end breakage, which isn't fun to pay for.

If you wanna smoke your tires, take them off and set them ablaze. :thumbup:

·
Spitfire
609 Posts
Good one ! But then you'll be in trouble with the police and Fire Dept. ! Doesn't beat a ticket/fine for burning out.
But still beats damaging youre driveline parts in both cases !

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SSU hit it spot on. Regardless of your tires, you shouldn't be doing that. You're risking possible transmission/rear-end breakage, which isn't fun to pay for.

If you wanna smoke your tires, take them off and set them ablaze. :thumbup:
lol :rofl:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts