BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Explore the space!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the course of my extensive research before purchasing my F10, I came across YouTube uploader Laserfrankie, who mounts a camera to various vehicles and quietly drives the car across towns, cities, and the German autobahn -- letting them speak for themselves.

He's been recently uploading driving videos of a 535i, which some of you might find interesting... if you feel like watching an F10 in its native habitat. :) He's got a handful of them so far, some of them short, some of them long, showcasing some of the different characteristics of the car. Pretty good!

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Laserfrankie#g/u

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What do you think of his oiltemp rise on this new engine?
I have a feeling it's not his car... Look at his other videos, he's got access to a bunch of rides. Maybe works for a rental company or some dealership.... He is giving some serious red-line beating to a brand-new F10 engine with 900kms on... moron.... God help the person who buys this car LOL

·
Explore the space!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see ~2600km on the odometer, not 900.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So to those who've taken ED of their 535's, did you find you had to keep it "floored" to maintain 155ish, or not so much? And to the guy holding 6,200 rpm on a brand new engine (Yogi799's video), what a maroon...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Camera placement is wanting for those more interested in the road ahead than in the dashboard. Can't see past the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Camera placement is wanting for those more interested in the road ahead than in the dashboard. Can't see past the rear view mirror.
+1. Very frustrating to watch.

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow wow wow wow. I love the vid of him driving on the autobahn, very cool. I want to live in Germany.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got up to 143 mph on the Autobahn, I had a lot left, I just wimped out. I could have easily hit 160mph. There was traffic but like I said, I wimped out. My car wasnt breathing hard and lots of power left. So smooth and steady, I love our cars and I love the roads in Germany. Awesome experience. BTW, I had over 2500 miles on my car before I hit those speeds.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
This confirms that there is something wrong with my car. I've brought it in several times for the "nervousness" and "constant correction" when steering straight ahead. Looking at how calm his hands are on the wheel when just driving around, my car is NEVER like that.

I'm really hoping when I get rid of the Conti Extremes that it goes away...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
This confirms that there is something wrong with my car. I've brought it in several times for the "nervousness" and "constant correction" when steering straight ahead. Looking at how calm his hands are on the wheel when just driving around, my car is NEVER like that.

I'm really hoping when I get rid of the Conti Extremes that it goes away...
Based on this and your previous posts, Needs, there is definitely something wrong with your F10 (I've heard similar stories on the F10post board, some guy from Slovakia could not even drive straight, forget about passing other vehicles). Mine, despite a slight pull, drives well at very high speeds. I also am not rear-ended by a garbage truck on take-offs if you know what I mean (there's just a slight darn delay if pushed hard, not even a safety concern).

I can bet you will find a day and night difference if you go for any test drive. Any reason why you have not addressed these surely solvable problems? Mine are way more subtle, so I'm hesitating until I test drive a 2012 and initiate my case (if the news F10 are plain perfect, mine is a very late build 2011), but your case seems to be calling for a quick visit to the service department. If they tell you it's normal, have them test drive a new one...

My only "nervousness" and "constant correction" comes from the other "risk" on the road, if you know what I mean :rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.