BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my VIN a few days ago and noticed that the 11th digit, which is the assembly plant, is a P . I haven't been able to find out what the P is from any of the FAQs (they all seem a bit outdated). Anyone have any ideas as to which assembly plant the P designates? Thx.

Boba

G

·
fboba said:
I finally got my VIN a few days ago and noticed that the 11th digit, which is the assembly plant, is a P . I haven't been able to find out what the P is from any of the FAQs (they all seem a bit outdated). Anyone have any ideas as to which assembly plant the P designates? Thx.

Boba
It's the new plant in Poland.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: VIN question

TD said:

It's the new plant in Poland.
Thx for the quick response. I hope the quality control in Poland is as good as the other plants. :)

Boba

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: VIN question

TD said:

It was a JOKE.

P is Regensberg.
Funny... I guess?!? I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on opening a plant there in the near future. With Poland set to join the EU soon, BMW might be looking for some cheap labor. Doesn't matter to me where my car's built, as long as they maintain the same quality standards.

Boba

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VIN question

fboba said:
Funny... I guess?!? I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on opening a plant there in the near future. With Poland set to join the EU soon, BMW might be looking for some cheap labor. Doesn't matter to me where my car's built, as long as they maintain the same quality standards.
No new plants in the near future. They are building the Leipzig plant right now, which will build the upcoming 3 Series.

Here is the link : http://www.bmw-werk-leipzig.de/

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
seandunaway said:
I have a J as the 11th digit. What does that mean?
Built in Regensburg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts