BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
$500 then $30 a month? Sounds like a lot to remote start my car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I could probably use remote start to run the AC but not for $500!

·
Member Supremo
1,603 Posts
GENIUS? i think not.... steal a phone..... get a free car! > that or i didnt read it correctly.
god. someones life is on the iphone, let alone your car is gone TOO! :thumbdwn:

Protection = put a code an that app.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read the site and they said the first yr is covered and the years after is only $30/yr as far as the price it's $500 for the whole set up. given the two way pager is usually about 300 and only runs a mile max this is the best IMO.

·
-------------------------
1,643 Posts
Why do people need remote start other than to show off to people and say hey watch this.....vroooom.

·
Corey
707 Posts
GENIUS? i think not.... steal a phone..... get a free car! > that or i didnt read it correctly.
god. someones life is on the iphone, let alone your car is gone TOO! :thumbdwn:

Protection = put a code an that app.
Good point, although a thief couldn't actually steal your car because there is a sensor on the brake pedal. As soon as the pedal is pushed, the car turns off. But I guess if someone steals your phone, there's a big unlock button just waiting for them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point, although a thief couldn't actually steal your car because there is a sensor on the brake pedal. As soon as the pedal is pushed, the car turns off. But I guess if someone steals your phone, there's a big unlock button just waiting for them.
that is very true.. there is a account that you set up so i guess if you find out you lost your phone you could deactivate the account but that would be some real fu*ked up sh*t if that happened.... thank god i pass lock my phone..(mostly cause of the GF) but hey one day i might have to let her drive it and pass out my phone code and lets just say that would be a bad day.. i dont think i would be worring about the car being stolen as much as what she would do to it once she reads my emails and txts. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts