Hi,This is a very funny game
This game is my first work.
You're the first player.
I hope you would enjoy it.

----------------------- Headers --------------------------------
Return-Path: [email protected]

·
10,856 Posts
dredmo's trying to infect Jon! Naughty dredmo. :)

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Someone sent that my way a week or two ago to my roadfly email... It sounded fishy, so I just deleted it.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
dredmo's trying to infect Jon! Naughty dredmo. :)
Everyone take note: If you receive such an email, do not
open any attachments. This is not a game, and it is not
coming from this site...

:eek:

·
10,856 Posts
I never open attachments unless I've been specifically told beforehand what's in them. :) Virus free for over ten years here.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I never open attachments unless I've been specifically told beforehand what's in them. :) Virus free for over ten years here.
I use Mac/Apples, and no one out there is stupid enough to write viruses for a platform that only about 5% of people use...Virus free for over 10 years here. ;)

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
The HACK said:

I use Mac/Apples, and no one out there is stupid enough to write viruses for a platform that only about 5% of people use...Virus free for over 10 years here. ;)
The only virus I ever had was on a Mac, some 10 years ago, but I haven't used Macs at all in the last 5 years or so.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
that email came from me? Thats weird too cuz for the last week or two, my email gets about 10 - 15 returns a day from various places.
alot of them are from [email protected] too.

I have been trying to fix whatever it is, but I can assure I didnt send out that email.

I have a virus on both of my machines but only one email account does that?

I have downloaded mcafee, norton, and some other crap nothing has fixzed it

I dont know how to reformat windows xp or I would do that too.

Any advice would be appreciated, I had no idea it was sending out files to people.

Man this sucsk, Jon real sorry about this, I wish someone would have told me the first time this happened, because my email has been hacked or something for a month or so. I thought it was just me being affected.

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
dredmo said:
Any advice would be appreciated, I had no idea it was sending out files to people.
Have you tried downloading the latest virus definitions from Norton/McAfee's websites? If this virus is brand new, they might post a small update that targets it specifically.

My friends all had a similar e-mail virus a few months ago and it was a real pain!

- Michael

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I just bought Norton 2003 and it didnt find anything... what a waste. And, I updatred the virus definitions through live update.

Not sure what to do now though that everyone thinks I am a big fat hacker :bawling:

It does have incoming, and out going virus scanning any more ideas. now I am 20 dollars in the hole.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dredmo said:
I just bought Norton 2003 and it didnt find anything... what a waste. And, I updatred the virus definitions through live update.

Not sure what to do now though that everyone thinks I am a big fat hacker :bawling:

It does have incoming, and out going virus scanning any more ideas. now I am 20 dollars in the hole.
Sorry dred...

I just wanted to warn everyone to be on the lookout...
:(

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
did u try these?

it sounds like you may have been hit with a macro virus specific to Outlook...not sure if the antivirus programs you purchased up would actually detect macro type viruses.

best way to protect yourself is to disable macro in outlook.

http://office.microsoft.com/Assistance/9798/o97mcrod.aspx

have you installed any of the Big M service release packs for windoze and outlook?

http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/2000/Out2ksec.aspx

finally...

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,58794,00.asp

hope this helps...

(this thread should probably be moved to OT) :)

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Today I got another email thing, after I ran every virus utility on the planet. the below is the email. Anyone know what a KLEZ.E worm is?? it looks like that may be what I got.

Failed to deliver to '<[email protected]>'
You appear to be sending this server emails infected with the KLEZ worm. Please update your virus software, or if you feel as though you have received this message in error, please contact your support desk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received: from mta7.pltn13.pbi.net ([64.164.98.8] verified)
by dc-mx11.cluster1.charter.net (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 3.5.9)
with ESMTP id 56640848 for [email protected]; Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:25:23 -0400
Received: from Knfgcki ([63.202.222.96])
by mta7.pltn13.pbi.net (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.1 (built May 7 2001))
with SMTP id <[email protected]> for [email protected];
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:24:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:24:28 -0700 (PDT)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by mta7.pltn13.pbi.net
Subject: Worm Klez.E immunity
To: [email protected]
Message-id: <[email protected]>
MIME-version: 1.0
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Boundary_(ID_oOXYs5k5yLzt+t1MJZxttw)"

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
I've been getting both these viruses for months now. Norton, if kept up-to-date, cleans them.
The Klez uses your Outlook Address Book to send the same dumb message to everyone in the your address book, and it can use anyone elses email address from your own address book! The message from DREDMO was probably sent from someone elses computer who has DREDMO in their address book.

·
Spending Way Too Much
211 Posts
Sorry...just re-read DREDMO's last post. Looks like you are infected. If you're using Norton, go to the Symantec website to get a fix for this virus....only way to clean an infected computer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts