BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had a question for the board...

I have a passport, will I need a visa to travel to germany as well? What about other surrounding countries I may want to visit while over seas?

Thanks for any answers...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
From: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1123.html

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: A passport is required. U.S. citizens can stay without a visa for a tourist/business stay of up to 90 days. That period begins when you enter any of the Schengen countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. Further information on entry, visa and passport requirements may be obtained from the German Embassy at 4645 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, telephone (202) 298-4000, web site: http://www.germany.info/relaunch/index.html, or the German Consulates in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, or San Francisco.
Note: Although European Union regulations require that non-EU visitors obtain a stamp in their passport upon initial entry to a Schengen country, many borders are not staffed with officers carrying out this function. If an American citizen wishes to ensure that his or her entry is properly documented, it may be necessary to request a stamp at an official point of entry. Under local law, travelers without a stamp in their passport may be questioned and asked to document the length of their stay in Schengen countries at the time of departure or at any other point during their visit, and could face possible fines or other repercussions if unable to do so.
See our web site for more information pertaining to dual nationality and the prevention of international child abduction. Please refer to our Customs Information to learn more about custom regulations.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
OP: When you say passport, I assume that you mean a US Passport?

If you're a Permanent Resident (green card) and carrying a different countries passport then most likely you'll need an EU Visa depending on what country your passport is from.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I meant us passport but thanks for clarifying.

·
Glfbggy
1,043 Posts
I'd want to learn more about Pakistani student visas in Canada. Please assist me or recommend a decent assisting platform for me.
You are better off checking directly with the Canadian government or consulate, than a forum such as this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts