BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

w00t. Clears installed.

2247 33
Start to finish: 31 minutes. Tools required: Screwdriver from tool kit, 8mm socket with extension. Easy.

(Yes, I've done it before. On my '99 E46)

As I've offered before, if you want me to install them for you, come over and buy me lunch. :)

Thanks to Bekkers!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Looks nice! You may have set a record here for 31 minutes. It took me about 45 min just to do the rears, with a minor cut on my hand. The fronts and sides in about 20 min. So my total time was about an hour. You're really good. :thumbup:
Kris, your tailpipes are dirty. :neener:

Seriously though, lookin' good. :thumbup:
Hm. You're right.

After the rain scheduled for this weekend stops, I think I'll put the car on jackstands and wash the undercarriage. That isn't anal, is it? :)

Get yours on yet?
FenPhen said:
Kris, your tailpipes are dirty. :neener:

Seriously though, lookin' good. :thumbup:
F that! 36 hour drive and $15 bucks! I'll do it myself, thank you very much!!! :mad:

:p

Looks great, bro! Man, I need to look into these. Hey wait, my b-day is coming up... :smokin:
KrisL said:
As I've offered before, if you want me to install them for you, come over and buy me lunch. :)
$15? Nah, I'm easy. $6 should cover a sub sandwich or something. :)

You don't have to drive 36 hrs. Just put it on a car carrier. I'll install them while the truck/trailer driver waits, and he'll be on his way back to you.
RSPDiver said:
F that! 36 hour drive and $15 bucks! I'll do it myself, thank you very much!!! :mad:

:p

Looks great, bro! Man, I need to look into these. Hey wait, my b-day is coming up... :smokin:
Hmm. Umm, yes, but washed undercarriages are not unheard of here (with pics).

KrisL said:
After the rain scheduled for this weekend stops, I think I'll put the car on jackstands and wash the undercarriage. That isn't anal, is it? :)
Get yours on yet?
I didn't take the day off to intercept the UPS guy. :mad: And my local pickup office closes at 5pm on weekdays. :tsk: I'll probably go Monday morning or something.
Looks very nice. Now all you need is some stealth bulbs!

I thought perf. package came with polished exhaust, no? I rub a little blue magic on the rim of my tailpipes each week to keep the black away and keep them looking shiny.

--J.
Yeah, they do. Mud bakes on them real easily though. :( Sometimes, you gotta scrape really hard to get dirt off. I just use my hands to avoid scratching the metal, but I don't know.

Anyone have other tips (pun not intended)? What's Blue Magic? And can it withstand the heat?
JonathanIT said:
I thought perf. package came with polished exhaust, no? I rub a little blue magic on the rim of my tailpipes each week to keep the black away and keep them looking shiny.
Gotta love telecommute Fridays :).
FenPhen said:
I'll probably go Monday morning or something.
Nice job, man! I'm going to do mine this weekend. Thanks again for organizing the group buy.
No problem!

...although I did it entirely for selfish reasons... :)
jetstream23 said:
Nice job, man! I'm going to do mine this weekend. Thanks again for organizing the group buy.
That sure looks better! :thumbup:
Blue Magic is a really good metal polish I've been using for years. Just use it when the exhaust is cool and you should be fine. Wash all the dirt off and it's great for removing the black residue that sticks around the rim.

Blue Magic

--J.
FenPhen said:
Anyone have other tips (pun not intended)? What's Blue Magic? And can it withstand the heat?
Looks Great! I have to do this one of these days.
Kris-

Looks good! Still have to get my rears. Not a huge priority right now.

Johnny
Looks awesome! I love that color on ZHPs, so much that I saved your pictures as wallpapers. Welcome to the clears family. :)
:D Did the clears yesterday....45 minutes...with some help too but its done :thumbup: The front corners and sides were literally done in about 10 minutes total, the rears can be a slight challenge especially if you have some stubborn push-clips holding in the carpeting in the back corners. Yes, I'll post pictures....I kept the amber bulbs since I kinda like the European look and not the completely modded Honda Civic look of the stealth bulbs. Although I may selectively silver some of the bulbs like the side markers but the clear kit with amber bulbs is the European look I believe. Big difference in how the car looks, especially on Jet Black. Sig picture will have to change soon too.
Well, your amazing selfishness benefited 4 other people so that's a bonus !

And even with the discount we got I'm sure Bekkers is making out just fine.
KrisL said:
No problem!

...although I did it entirely for selfish reasons... :)
Can't wait to see your new modded sig. picture!!
jetstream23 said:
:D Sig picture will have to change soon too.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.