BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please clarify if we can use INPA to bleed our brakes (DSC/ABS bleed procedure)

Im trying with INPA and whenever I access the DSC bleed optoin, it says it cant find the correct module. (It says its looking for Dsc60pp)

This must be a missing script or something else, right? Theres no way INPA is unable work on E60 DSC modules...?

INPA works to access almost everything else so it's not a bad connection etc

I found one post mentioning this and saying that INPA wont work on 5 series brakes and to use rheingold instead. Before I take that as gospel and download 130gigs, i want to check in here in case you have experience

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,246 Posts
I'm sure it is in Rhiengold.

Also, you don't really need to use that procedure unless you ran the brake fluid reservoir dry or replace a brake hose or caliper, for example. You can just bleed the brakes with Motive Bleeder or similar.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure it is in Rhiengold.

Also, you don't really need to use that procedure unless you ran the brake fluid reservoir dry or replace a brake hose or caliper, for example. You can just bleed the brakes with Motive Bleeder or similar.

gotcha - i was hoping inpa would work since it's already installed VS getting ista too. sighh

I did the whole megillah: rotors, pads, steel lines, and bronze caliper pins. Even though i kept the reservoir full, it's super spongy. When the lines were off, it must have drained more out than i thought :(

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,246 Posts
Since you changed the lines, I think you're on the right track trying to find the pulsating bleed procedure.

·
Under the lift arms
12,964 Posts
you dont need to use that procedure unless your replacing the abs distribution block

just use the regular power bleeder

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,949 Posts
Fyi, DSC 60PP is the module that's messed up in INPA. It not only breaks the steering angle if you reset it, it also never stops the bleed procedure. Ran my reservoir dry following the instructions.

I got ISTA+ installed and everything works fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts